Lift Kit installed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rising tuning says that the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CBWGLVN camber bolts will fit the fronts. I'm not sure if these are what they include in their kit, as they forgot to put them in the package when they shipped.

The ones i got from Tema4x4 look like the ones in the amazon link.

The SPC 67455 parts are not camber kits - they are control arms, but they are adjustable control arms and can be used to adjust the camber.

BCBackRoader - thanks for the tip on the sway bar links that you have posted.. mine aren't doing anything strange yet, but hopefully we can find some beefier ones that fit the measurements (plus additional length) of the OEM ones..

yvrPHEV and DENVERCOPHEV that clearance looks much better, especially given there's an important battery pack hanging an extra couple cm's below the body. Nice look overall both of you.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
You do realize the off road capabilities of the PHEV are zero?

It has All wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive. And if you get into a situation where you have a wheel spinning the likely outcome will be loss of drive due to motor protection cutting in.

And any damage to the battery compartment is likely to be expensive.

This is an example of the Outlander PHEV off road capabilities
https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/publish/pressrelease_en/corporate/2014/news/detail0946.html
It completed the Australian Safari in 2014 with the stock hybrid engine and drive system. Just competition suspension, tyres, brake pads and skid plate installed. And roll cage and different fuel tank for safety. A very capable off roader, but as will all cars, it has it's limits.
But to say it as no off road capabilities really makes me ask, do you actually own one? or did you just come here to attack hybrids?

I do not own one, but i drive them frequently, and enjoy doing so.
So i am not here to attack Plug in EV's, I come her to offer my qualified opinion.

Having personally seen the exact vehicle you link leads to, i understand your thinking that all Plug in EV outlanders are capable off road. But that vehicle was HEAVILY modified in other respects in areas of chassis strength and weight reduction as well as the modifications you detailed.

Also having seen a few outlanders with failed traction batteries due to owners going off road and damaging the unit "even though i was only driving over grass" which looking at the mud underneath, and broken tree limbs jammed in the driveline was obviously an understatement, I can vouch for the outlanders limited off road capability.

Since I made that post, I have personally replaced 3 traction batteries, 1 covered by the vehicles insurer, the other 2 were not. All were damaged by impact to the bottom of the traction battery housing, causing an failure of an individual cell or cells. All of the owners commented that the car is a 4WD and should be expected to used off road. But after spending $14000AU on a new unit I dont think they will again.

Key in the linked article is "These included a roll cage and different fuel tank to meet safety regulations as well as the use of competition suspension, tires, brake pads and an underbody skid plate."

Back