Where to find a "real" on-with-ignition fuse position ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krouebi

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with my combined DRL/foglight/cornering lights from OSRAM, except for the electric hookup.

As nearly all DRL kits, they need a permanent plus, a ground, a tap to the side lights, and an "ignition on" connection to work. The first three are fixed, no problem there, but the "ignition on" poses problems.

All of the "ignition on" fuses in the fuse box only go off about 10 seconds after you switch off the ignition - I had the same issue with a Prius III, and I can live with the DRL's switching off with that delay.

The problem is that all these fuses are also live when the vehicle is charging - which is quite annoying if the vehicle is visible when charging. You get bombarded with phone calls telling you that you left your lights on. Worse even if you're charging from a 220V source - the DRL's then flash on and off in regular intervals. OTOH, when fast charging at IKEA, it's an advantage, as you can check from inside the store if the charge has finished ;) - and when fast charging there's no flashing.

Has anyone got a lead on this ??

i am curious about this problem - are your DRLs not standard fitment? My UK spec car has no problem with the DRLs, with or without charging.

Hi Razman,

no, as I wrote in my post, my DRL/fog units are LED thingies from OSRAM.

To be more precise, these (German Amazon) or these (UK Amazon).

Back