Led light bar installation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojoxx

Can anybody help me by giving me rough instructions to install a 20" led light bar just below the number plate. Ie any fixing points that may be around or even better links to any brackets i may need . Also how have people powered/ switched theirs ? I get the light in around a fortnight and it is a 120w cree slim fit (ali express) Thanks in advance

Power can easily be taken from the fuse box, both high beams have separate fuses after the relay. SO they are powered only when high beams are active.
I used one of these to get a signal for my external relay
https://crimpsupply.com/circuit-protection/add-a-fuse-micro-atr-fuse-tap.html

Bracket
https://www.megalys.no/products/feste-til-ekstralys-skiltplate

EDIT: found a photo online. USe fuse 14 or 15 to control your signal.

That is a great way to solve my issue i think that my head needs a kickstart to work out how to do things :D now i have a good idea in my head thanks a lot i appreciate your help

Hey, im trying to install a led bar aswell, i found the signal from the high beam, but where did you get the plus? Since the batteri is in the back. Cant find any good plus.

Help appreciated! :D

Quite an easy install. :D

Main beam trigger & power from engine bay fuse box.
I shared the power tailgate supply for power to the led light bar.
I used piggy back connectors as I did not want to cut any wires.
Mounted the relay on the inner wing.

The led light bar bolted under the front crossbeam.
Fabulous lighting for those quiet A & B roads.
The mounting position is too low to give a good spread on the motorway though.

20170627_191129~4.jpg

20170627_191115small~6.jpg

20171024_182152small~4.jpg

20170817_211241small~4.jpg

20170818_065421small~0.jpg

20170817_205723small~0.jpg

What about the cooling capacity? I can't imagine the cooling opening under the number plate with the large radiator behind it is there just for the looks?

Looks good.!

Where is the relay in the circuit, aren't you wiring directly from the high amperage headlight and tailgate fuses?

If you use your car in a warm climate, KWh is quite correct. It's not wise to restrict any airflow.
Do this at your own risk..... ;)

cold_wet_wales.jpg

I used an ordinary automotive relay rated at about 30 amps & secured it next to engine bay the fuse box.

30amp_automotive_relay.jpg

I wired it something like this:

relay.jpg

I am also trying to add the light bar, haven’t had any trouble with brackets and wires however wondering how everyone got the wires from the light into the dash to connect, so I have to drill a hole in the firewall of the engine (Trying to avoid this) and also the best way to add this light to one of my spare switch spots on the right hand side next to the steering wheel?

Anyone able to help with this?

Hi,
I already have everything wired up and light bar is working in my mitsubishi outlander. Now i have to send wire to the dash on the one of the spare switch onto lefthand side of steering.
Can anyone send me pictures or tell me the easy path to send wires through. I am struggling from many days. I shall be thankful to you for this.
Email- [email protected]
Contact 0451400051
Thanks

Back