Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Alexa, PHEV and Remote Start
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm 

That sound extrememly useful, especially since most of us have old unused smart phones doing nothing in our basements or junk drawers. That is actually a good use for one of them. Please share the write up with you get the time to orgize the steps you did. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 pm 

Can the OP please explain how to do this??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 am 

Interested.

TIA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm 

As a new owner of an Outlander PHEV, this thread is tantalisingly frustrating. Sadly it seems that the author did not come back after February this year, to provide the specific details of what was done to get this to work.

The connecting of Alexa and Google Home to IFTTT is easy and well documented, and Tasker is an app available on Android that can change any setting on a phone, or run an app on that phone.

I can get Google Home to send a command to IFTTT (therefore it will be easy do this from Alexa also) which starts Tasker through a weblink, and Tasker can start the Mitsubishi Remote app on the phone, but I cannot see a way to then get the Mitsubishi app to send a specific command to the car (eg to start the heating).

This chain is pretty slow also, as the Mitsubishi Remote app takes a long time to start, needing to change the Wifi settings, and connect to the car before it can do anything.

Has anyone actually got this to work? If so, can they share their knowledge about the gaps (or another pathway) here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:21 am 

Has anyone actually got this to work? If so, can they share their knowledge about the gaps (or another pathway) here?[/quote]

I am having Samsung J3 2017 mobile phone (running on Android 8) for starting the heater by sending a SMS (i.e. H20 or H30) to it. After switching some ROMs to my J33, I got it work quite reliable now. I tested this with Android 9 as well, but Tasker froze time to time.

As you mentioned, PHEV app starts slowly and if lauched by Tasker, many ’wait’ actions are needed to place between almost each step to work properly. Hence it takes about 1,5 minutes once the heater starts.

My Outis is MY16 model.