Windscreen washer nozzle

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekiello

Hi, did anyone upgraded the washer jets from the ones that are giving three jets to one that would give a fan spray pattern? I did something like that in my previous car which was a Seat Leon and it generally worked better than just three jets of water... I hope you know what i mean, the nozzle doesn't have 3 small holes there is a little metal nozzle instead similar to the one you would have on power washer :) Does anyone have the right part number? I'm wondering if this one would fit - - > https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Front-Windshield-Jet-Stream-Washer-Water-Spray-Nozzle-7T4Z17603A-8S4Z17603AA/253394743986?fits=Car+Make%3AMitsubishi&epid=17013958512&hash=item3aff80f2b2:g:WH8AAOSwWktabswC

I'm not sure if those will fit as I haven't looked in detail, however I have upgraded a couple of other cars with Peugeot/Citroen 'Mist' jets similar to those and they work really well.

I would add however that I found to my cost that the Chinese made versions don't work well whereas genuine Peugeot/Citroen ones do. Be warned...it's worth spending a little more on genuine parts! :eek:

I am looking for the same, the peugeot one was 10x better than the 3 way piss-stream form phev.

Part numbers or links for ebay or ali, please.

Rear spray? On my 2014 model the water trickles down from the top - works fine, although the cleared area is a bit small for my taste.

Just in case you haven't tried this...

I cleaned the nozzles with a pin and switched to always using rainwater for my washers.

(Very hard mains water where I live)

Since then, all the water jets have worked fine.

These washers are the worst feature of my 2018 PHEV. An embarrassment in what otherwise is a well engineered car. I finally got pissed off enough to do something about it. The sprayer design on the car makes it pretty impossible to swap them with something normal without drilling holes in the hood. Someone suggested that the peugeot ones might work. So I popped on AMZ and found some that had a straight through hose connection rather than the right angle that most have. They came in a kit with hoses and connectors.

I wanted to do something that wouldn't trash the car and that could be reversed if it didn't work. Step one was to cut the plastic mounting tabs off the new washer nozzles. A Dremel did this nicely. Then opening the hood and pulling off the hoodliner gave access to the hoses. I cut the hoses in a place I could get to them to undo this hack if it failed. I then connected them to the tubing from the kit with the supplied connector and routed them up next to the existing sprayers and connected the new sprayers. The last step was figuring out how to mount the sprayers. I tried a few things, but what worked in the end was just using a zip tie to strap them to the existing washers. End result was a vast improvement. We will see how they hold up over time. Photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7868.jpeg
    IMG_7868.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
These washers are the worst feature of my 2018 PHEV. An embarrassment in what otherwise is a well engineered car. I finally got pissed off enough to do something about it. The sprayer design on the car makes it pretty impossible to swap them with something normal without drilling holes in the hood. Someone suggested that the peugeot ones might work. So I popped on AMZ and found some that had a straight through hose connection rather than the right angle that most have. They came in a kit with hoses and connectors.

I wanted to do something that wouldn't trash the car and that could be reversed if it didn't work. Step one was to cut the plastic mounting tabs off the new washer nozzles. A Dremel did this nicely. Then opening the hood and pulling off the hoodliner gave access to the hoses. I cut the hoses in a place I could get to them to undo this hack if it failed. I then connected them to the tubing from the kit with the supplied connector and routed them up next to the existing sprayers and connected the new sprayers. The last step was figuring out how to mount the sprayers. I tried a few things, but what worked in the end was just using a zip tie to strap them to the existing washers. End result was a vast improvement. We will see how they hold up over time. Photos attached.
Completely agree; somehow Mitsubishi found a way to screw this simple thing up. Thanks for doing the work- I'll give it a try.

Back