towing harness

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDNPHEV

I would like to get a towing harness for my 2018 GT. The dealer wants over $300 CDN after taxes for it. I checked Curt, Reese and Draw-Tite sites but none list a harness for the PHEV. Can you use the non PHEV Outlander harness? Or does anyone have a source for the harness in Canada that is cheaper than the dealer?

I bought a kit from a Mitsubishi dealer in Georgia USA for $85. USD. Very detailed instruction sheets. The negative point, mine does not work. I removed the tail lights and tap the wires to get connectivity. The problem is that I do not have brake lights, only flashers and night lights.
When I brake, I use the light switch to light up the 2 tail lights. Pushing the triangular emergency button on the dash when braking, will light up the 2 flashers intermittently.

CDNPHEV said:
I would like to get a towing harness for my 2018 GT. The dealer wants over $300 CDN after taxes for it. I checked Curt, Reese and Draw-Tite sites but none list a harness for the PHEV. Can you use the non PHEV Outlander harness? Or does anyone have a source for the harness in Canada that is cheaper than the dealer?

Have you tried contacting your local U Haul? They have the hitch+harness+installation. Unless you already have the hitch, but you still might be able to buy the harness.

I believe with everything, I was quoted under $500 for all of it a while back.

UPDATE I tried a non PHEV wiring harness from Curt and it does work. I initially connected it to the incorrect plugs, beware there is more than one set of square plugs that the harness can plug into in the rear corners of the car. I found the correct plugs by removing the tailights and pulling the wire out to expose the plug to be sure I had the correct one.

CURT 56189

$50.88 on Amazon

Back