Second driver seat for passenger

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icecream

Would it be possible to install a second deriver seat (electrical) on the passenger side of a 2014 outlander? It would have to be from the uk for example where they are on the other side. Would the necessary cables be there already? I assume pressure and airbag sensor cables would be, however more is needed i.e. power. I do not yet own a phev, and am wondering as I love the driver seat and don't fit at all in the passenger seat (6"5).

Everything is possible ;)

I know, there is no power cable below the right seat, but rest can be re-used.
So only buying the seat and some cable, that's it.

Mitch said:

As far as I know there should be a power cable as the passenger seat is heated.

JohanvdH said:
Mitch said:

As far as I know there should be a power cable as the passenger seat is heated.

The seat heater supply cables are different from the electric seat motor supply, only live when the switch on the console is on. But it shouldn't be too big a deal to run a wire over to the driver's side motor supply if there isn't a suitable one under the passenger seat.

Wiring diagram for the power seat is at: http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander_iii/online/Service_Manual_2013/img/90/HEU15E91AC00ENG.pdf

Thanks guys! I'll post an update if I succeed or fail. But first lets see if I can find a good deal for the car itself.

But do find a car with black seat leather. I've noticed that there is quite a bit of variation between different cars with "off-white" (AKA light gray) leather.

Just as an update. I've installed the UK seat. Cabling is now in temporary setup (i've split the power from the left seat to both seats). I have not dared using both seats at the same time as I'm not sure what would happen to the fuse.
To make a more permanent solution I'd need the right connectors, and have not figured out is they are some standard I can get from someplace or something I'll have to take out of a crashed car.

Back