Holder for sunglasses

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plannersteve

I've got the 2018 GT model with sunroof, so no handy sunglasses holder in roof. How have others solved this? I'm aware of the clips for sunvisors, but I'd like to know if there are any other more brilliant solutions before I settle for those. I saw one that goes in place of the grab handle above the drivers side window, but not clear if it will fit a 2018 Outlander. Thanks.

Well, a car without an umbrella is unthinkable over here as well. :D
I find that the coating on the windows is so effective that I never really need sunglasses driving, even with our present tropical weather. The only time I wear them is when the sunroof is open or outside the car.

UK spec 19MY has a fold down holder in the headlining just back from the rear view mirror. I'd rather still have the sunroof ;)

jaapv said:
Mine live in the cupholder, together with my phone.

Mine live in the rectangular recess under the radio (behind the pair of cupholders), I'm guessing that recess is there for the times you want to run an electric brake unit.

AndyInOz said:
Mine live in the rectangular recess under the radio (behind the pair of cupholders), I'm guessing that recess is there for the times you want to run an electric brake unit.

Forgive my ignorance, what is "an electric brake unit", and how would I use one, if I knew what one was? ;)
Edit: OK, I've looked it up. Never towed, not going to, don't need one!

Oddly enough you've reminded me of an odd compliment I recently received from a service guy at Mitsubishi...

There's an odd device, on the interior sidewall, under the glovebox.

I keep a super bright LED torch in it.

The service guy said: "That's the first time I've seen that used, and I've worked on a lot of Outlanders!"

The credit is due to this forum, someone here mentioned it.

:)

I've seen people run the sunglass holder that replaces the grab handle above the window. You can find it pretty cheap on aliexpress.

71QUT19NFEL._SY355_.jpg

BUT someone told me it does interfere with "safety" of a vehicle. As in there's a possibility you'll get hit with it by the side curtain airbag. To each their own, after all people run no airbag seats + steering wheels in modern cars after all :lol:

Some Volkswagens (and possibly related brands such as Audi/Seat/Skoda) have the grab handle style sunglasses holder as standard. I guess as long as it's folded up taking up the same space as a handle then it's not an issue.

AndyInOz said:

I keep one of those rescue hammer thingys in there. The ones with a point for breaking windows and a blade for cutting seat belts.

Regulo said:
AndyInOz said:

I keep one of those rescue hammer thingys in there. The ones with a point for breaking windows and a blade for cutting seat belts.
And then you can reach it, hanging upside down while sinking?

minical said:
I've seen people run the sunglass holder that replaces the grab handle above the window. You can find it pretty cheap on aliexpress.

71QUT19NFEL._SY355_.jpg

BUT someone told me it does interfere with "safety" of a vehicle. As in there's a possibility you'll get hit with it by the side curtain airbag. To each their own, after all people run no airbag seats + steering wheels in modern cars after all :lol:

Can anyone advise me as to where I would find one of these grab handle replacement sunglass holder which fit the 2023 outlander phev.
ALIEXPRESS has a lot of options , but I have yet to find one which states it is made specifically for the 2023 . Every MFG appears to have a different mounting clip.

any help will be appreciated .

PAKMAN

Back