New head unit without losing functionality

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJLGREEN

Hi there,

I'm based in the UK and looking to purchase a 2017 4hs (I want the parking sensors), but as I understand it there is no Android auto functionality with the head unit.

Any body have any suggestions on how to upgrade the head unit to something with Android Auto without losing steering wheel controls or 360 camera functionality?

If this isn't possible, does anybody have any experience with/opinions on buying the Juro model which has the Android Auto touch screen unit, and then retrofitting 360 cams and parking sensors (without separate dash displays etc.)?

Thanks!!!

You can upgrade to the SDA, which has all needed features.
Only missing (but not needed with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) is navigation.

Mitch said:
You can upgrade to the SDA, which has all needed features.
Only missing (but not needed with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) is navigation.

Cheers Mitch - is this definitely something that I can retrofit? If so, can I just get one from my local Mitsubishi dealer or?

The connectors need to be change a little bit, but should be doable, because some guys in Russia has don this already.

If you go to your dealer, just ask about the change and the cost.

Mitch said:
The connectors need to be change a little bit, but should be doable, because some guys in Russia has don this already.

If you go to your dealer, just ask about the change and the cost.

Awesome, thanks!

Did you manage to change the head unit to one with Android/Carplay ?

I have the older Head unit that has a CD player and Navigation.
I prefer to use TomTom and Google Maps.

The main issue in any change is keeping all the Hybrid and Camera related display screens.

Has anyone actually taken a car play/android head unit from a later 2017 onwards and fitted it successfully into the earlier model ?

Back