Retrofitting paddles?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quenthal

I've Outlander MY19 PHEV, which doesn't have B0-B5 paddles behind steering wheel. They simply do not exist in this swedish fleet-model. Only slots where they usually should be.

I can switch between B2 and B5 using gear stick, and B5 is activated for example when using Sports-mode.

I would very much like if B0 was available for me for coasting etc.

Is there any way I could have B0 available for me? I can probably backtrack from technical manual or similar for the Mitsubishi-parts for paddles, but has anyone any suggestions for this? I know that there are paddles for older non-PHEV Outlanders for switching gears, but they probably don't help me with this, unless the physical paddles are the only thing missing from my car. But as said earlier, atleast B2 and B5 are available for me from software point of view.

Alternatively, some other way to activate B0 would be great. Could this be somehow programmed to activate instead of B2 when selecting B with gear stick? Or other similar solution?

Used Paddles are available on eBay for £50 to £60 UK.

My low spec PHEV has loads of unused plugs under the dash for fitting the equipment for higher spec models , so the plugs for the paddles are probably there too.

But maybe the dealer would have to enable the paddles in the software.

Or maybe not, just fit them and see, I find them invaluable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Gx4H-PHEV-Paddle-shift-gearbox-controls-2401A008/303129914692?epid=2087542971&hash=item4693f36d44:g:pd0AAOSwo4pYPf6G

The wiring diagrams show a 3-pin plug C314 "Regenerative Level Selector" in the Steering Column plug diagrams, and the images in the above show a 3 pin socket on the back.

So should work

Excellent! Good info.

Do you think the paddles are same for MY19 model as well?

Any idea that I could safely check if the plug exists in my model without taking the whoel steering wheel with airbag off? Can the panel under the steering wheel be taken off?

To answer to myself, it seems the same part should fit to MY19 aswell.

However, before I make any purchases and schedule meeting with my local repairshop, any idea how to confirm (without taking off all the equipment like airbag and steering wheel) the existance of connector 3-pin plug C314 "Regenerative Level Selector"?

I believe you only need to remove the upper and lower column shrouds to reveal the installation position of the paddles, and the plug.

Probably a couple of screws and then unclip.

But yes looks like the wheel has to come off to install the paddles.

michael8554 said:
I believe you only need to remove the upper and lower column shrouds to reveal the installation position of the paddles, and the plug.

Probably a couple of screws and then unclip.

But yes looks like the wheel has to come off to install the paddles.

Upper and lower column shrouds can be removed without removing wheel?

You are prob correct, they are not connected. Will need to check all precautions (prob. remove - from battery) before removing shrouds.

Back