Doors locking at 15 kmh without messing with te software

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unlockstra

Yep. Finally.

Since my 2014 model I was searching for a method to automatic lock my doors when driving. When my speed is > 15kmh the door lock kicks in. When powering off, they unlock again (or via the button on the left door) LHD only and no other functions.

Now, on my 2019, I finally found it!!
Bought a piece of hardware, mounted it between the "doorlock" plug and into the obd plug and yep, it works.
AliExpress helped me out here but finding it was a serious search trip in the www.

Here is a post from other forum.
Our PHEV should be similar, I think.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/180624-speed-sensing-auto-lock-hyundai-creta-simple-obd-module-rs-1-050-only.html

Tai

sorry. I did not shared it right away. I was to happy finally found it an have never read a posting people also were interested.
Not all the functions are working as described, just closing at 15 kmh and opening when power off.
The delivered item doesn't look like the picture but is working for the speed lock.

Speed lock fit Mitsubishi xpander met auto Intelligent Veiligheid
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EyPGTP8HN

even a triple plug that fits in the place of the original. The original comes in with a contra and one of the triple fits in the place of the original. So you have 3 outlets without showing any different then the original. I have it now for 6 months. 1 watchdog 2 tracker 3 power dashcam 4 doorlocker

Volledige Pin OBD2 Kabel 16Pin male Poort Dual 16-Pin Vrouwelijke OBDII ODB2 Auto ECU Connector Adapter OBD 2 ODB II Automotive Tool
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/SG0SYLJbN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191021-180053_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20191021-180053_AliExpress.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 141
Hi , thanks for sharing the link to this product . Are you in the UK as it looks like vat and customs charges would have to be paid on top ?
I can't seem to find this product anywhere else though.
Cheers

I've never understood why you would want this and why it's considered a safety"feature".
If I happen to get in an accident, the last thing I want is my rescuers to be delayed by a locked door. In the 40 years I've been driving, I never felt the desire "wish those doors would lock! "
If I ever would encounter such a situation, the door lock is always within reach....

Mitch said:
use a Y-Cable
unlockstra said:
even a triple plug that fits in the place of the original. The original comes in with a contra and one of the triple fits in the place of the original. So you have 3 outlets without showing any different then the original. I have it now for 6 months. 1 watchdog 2 tracker 3 power dashcam 4 doorlocker
This is usefull, thanks!

Phevy said:
I've never understood why you would want this and why it's considered a safety"feature".
If I happen to get in an accident, the last thing I want is my rescuers to be delayed by a locked door. In the 40 years I've been driving, I never felt the desire "wish those doors would lock! "
If I ever would encounter such a situation, the door lock is always within reach....
Of course the need to have this will vary, depending on the country you live in. I have a friend living in Johannesburg and once every few years I visit him there. Driving around in Johannesburg it's safe to have your doors locked.

At home in the Netherlands it's usually less of a priority. On the other hand, a friend from around here was robbed when he was just parking his car. A friendly (looking) gentleman asked for directions on the drivers side and while being focussed on that man, another got into his passenger seat armed with a knife, demanding money, phone and everything else of value. All of this happened on a parking lot in a small friendly village where he would never have expected this to happen.

Low probability, high impact. Having had three home invasions myself in the past 15 years, I will go for the locked doors as I know all to well how high the impact can be.

Yes, I had it for the first time on my Audi and I was not amused it couldn't be fetched with an easy button program in my 2014 phev and later 2019 phev.

And yes, I know somebody who has been robbed the same way. I've invested hundreds of hours searching it for the Outlander. Every time now, when I hear the "chunkclitsch" of the doors shutting, I am smiling. I am glad I have it now.
I had a message from the seller that they are available in speed shutting and in shift shutting and opening.

If you've never felt the need to have it, you've obviously not driven in the right (or is that wrong?) neighbourhoods. Our little Zoe has it: the doors must automatically unlock when the car detects an impact, so you're extremely unlikely to be trapped by a locked door. I must admit that manually lock the doors on the PHEV when I drive through parts of some cities.

unlockstra do you have a manual/instructions?
I got my adapter, but can not find the right connector. Maybe it is a wrong one? Have a MY19

KWh said:
Phevy said:
Of course the need to have this will vary, depending on the country you live in. I have a friend living in Johannesburg and once every few years I visit him there. Driving around in Johannesburg it's safe to have your doors locked.

At home in the Netherlands it's usually less of a priority. On the other hand, a friend from around here was robbed when he was just parking his car. A friendly (looking) gentleman asked for directions on the drivers side and while being focussed on that man, another got into his passenger seat armed with a knife, demanding money, phone and everything else of value. All of this happened on a parking lot in a small friendly village where he would never have expected this to happen.

Low probability, high impact. Having had three home invasions myself in the past 15 years, I will go for the locked doors as I know all to well how high the impact can be.
Yes, but all this presupposes that the doors will be unlocked if not locked automatically. What is the objection to hitting the "lock" button when you feel the need?

And in KWh's scenario his friend's car would have probably been unlocked even with an auto-locking system - only the manual system we have would prevent this. But then KWh does seem to attract misfortune. :shock:

Back