Tow-bar wiring...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibeeby

Folks,

My 2015 (15 plate) PHEV was totalled by being rear-ended on the M1 in November (no injuries but drive battery fractured due to 35-40mph collision) so I have a replacement 64 plate vehicle.

I want to add a tow-bar. I'm looking at retrofit units but many seem to come with no or an unspecified universal wiring kit. I don't feel like hacking about with the wiring under the rear of my car. Some, it seems, also required the removal of the impact bar at the rear of the car which is the bit that probably saved me from injury in November.

Question is - do the Mitsubishi Outlander 2013+ tow-bar wiring kits fit the 2014/15 PHEV? If so, I can buy a tow-bar without wiring (cheaper).

Grateful for any helpful input.

Ian

You have to remove the impact bar, the towbar will do its job just fine.
And yes, the wiring should fit.

Hi Ian

A gentle reminder that this is an international forum, so "M1" and "64 plate" are probably a mystery to the EEC, USA, Canada, Antipodes etc members.

(And me too - is 64 an early or late 2014, I'm showing my age.......? )

I've just had a towbar fitted to my 68 Reg (29 Nov 2018) supplied by Witter with home fitting - £600.53p including 13 pin wiring. The wiring was vehicle specific, plugged in to the car wiring, the battery in the boot made it fairly simple, added about £55 to the cost.

michael8554 said:
Hi Ian

A gentle reminder that this is an international forum, so "M1" and "64 plate" are probably a mystery to the EEC, USA, Canada, Antipodes etc members.

(And me too - is 64 an early or late 2014, I'm showing my age.......? )
:lol: Given that the EEC ceased to exist in 1993, it is certainly a mystery to members-timetravellers. :D

You're absolutely right, I should have said EU.

Although the press and TV get it right, to the "man in the street" EEC is still common usage in the UK.

For the Brexiteers (not me), when it stopped being an Economic Union is when it started to go wrong.....

Back