Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: First mods from new PHEV driver
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 am 

Thrasher wrote:
So ... no-one has EYES any more is that what you are saying. LOOK LEFT, LOOK RIGHT - THEN CROSS WHEN SAFE.

The whole point of these devices is for vulnerable people who are partially-sighted or blind. So no, they don't have eyes (that work) and no amount of shouty capital letters will make them work. You really don't get it, do you? :roll:

And anyone who would rather be hit by 2,000kg of PHEV than 80kg of cyclist and bike needs their head examining. Conservation of energy and momentum shows what the difference is :roll:

You may have speed, but I have momentum...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:49 am 

ThudnBlundr wrote:
Thrasher wrote:
So ... no-one has EYES any more is that what you are saying. LOOK LEFT, LOOK RIGHT - THEN CROSS WHEN SAFE.

The whole point of these devices is for vulnerable people who are partially-sighted or blind. So no, they don't have eyes (that work) and no amount of shouty capital letters will make them work. You really don't get it, do you? :roll:

And anyone who would rather be hit by 2,000kg of PHEV than 80kg of cyclist and bike needs their head examining. Conservation of energy and momentum shows what the difference is :roll:

If you are partially sighted or blind then you cross at a crossing which has alerts to let you know it is safe to cross. If you are talking about walking down country lanes - you walk towards traffic. The number of idiots I see walking with their back to traffic astounds me.

If you looked into car safety and crash testing you would see how important the design is regarding hitting pedestrians and the spread of the impact over as flat a surface as possible. With a bicycle the impact point is narrow and cannot spread the force. You get the full whack at the pointy end - trust me it hurts more.

Anyway, it would appear you ignored the other point, so I guess you just enjoy trolling :)

Enjoy your day - I know I will.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:09 am 

I have a brain injury, if I am driving or riding on my mobility scooter I am fine, if I have to use my mobility walker or crutches all of my concentration is focus on being able to walk ( you be surprised how much mental energy this requires) I am there unable to concentrate on both hybrid vehicles, electric cars or other electric devises like mobility scooters or wheel chairs.

To add I also have a problem with cyclist riding to close to me, the electric cycles I can hear the whine from the electric motor, I also under the impression SUV vehicles are not required to meet some of the pedestrian safety standard as normal cars (my brain injury effects my grammar).

In short all electric vehicles, cycles in my opinion should be with warning devices.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:14 am 

If you are partially sighted or blind then you cross at a crossing which has alerts to let you know it is safe to cross. If you are talking about walking down country lanes - you walk towards traffic. The number of idiots I see walking with their back to traffic astounds me.

Were I live we do not have any crossing were it alerts you when it safe to cross, plus some of our lanes are very narrow so I must be an idiot then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 am 

Quote:
plus some of our lanes are very narrow so I must be an idiot then

Do you walk towards oncoming traffic? It doesn't matter how narrow the lanes, cars should always stick to their side of the road. If you walk on the right hand side of the road with your back permanently towards traffic you are doing yourself no favours. It's basic highway code.

I suppose you think I live in a built up city with super wide roads and crossings every 5 metres. I don't. My commute to work takes me through a farmyard so I am very familiar with "narrow" lanes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 am 

Quote:
I also under the impression SUV vehicles are not required to meet some of the pedestrian safety standard as normal cars

Incorrect assumption. All vehicles have to pass the same tests. In fact it's even more stringent on SUV's due to some of them being higher than standard cars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 am 

Thrasher wrote:
Quote:
plus some of our lanes are very narrow so I must be an idiot then

Do you walk towards oncoming traffic? It doesn't matter how narrow the lanes, cars should always stick to their side of the road. If you walk on the right hand side of the road with your back permanently towards traffic you are doing yourself no favours. It's basic highway code.

I suppose you think I live in a built up city with super wide roads and crossings every 5 metres. I don't. My commute to work takes me through a farmyard so I am very familiar with "narrow" lanes.

I sorry I don't think you listen to anyone but yourself and are building yourself a bit of a reputation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:06 am 

oscarmax wrote:
I sorry I don't think you listen to anyone but yourself and are building yourself a bit of a reputation

Indeed he is

The OP disconnected his, which is why this conversation started. It's not all about one person, you know.

You may have speed, but I have momentum...