What Level 2 chargers do you guys use at home?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

Just bought my 2019 Outlander PHEV (yay).

Bought a Morec level 1/2 charger (amazon.ca) and put a 240v numa 6-20 plug/circuit in my garage. Charges no problem, but after charging I am getting the engine light.

Brought it into service on day 2, they told me that my home charger was to blame and it wasn't on the "allowed" list by Mitsu. My BS instinct is going off, however it is a fairly inexpensive charging cable.

What do you guys use, and has anyone else been fed this line of BS?

Not sure that it is BS, it is an electronic connection after all. You should try the car out on another charger.

I have checked the Morec EVSE.
It indeed has the TUV certification and NEMA 6-20P.
I cannot see how it would be responsible for the engine light...Do you have the code?

I am using a Leviton (UL and NEMA 6-20P) since 2018 with no engine light on. It is similar to this one:

https://www.evchargesolutions.com/Leviton-EVB22-Level-2-Electric-Charging-Station-p/ude-lev-evb22.htm

Tai

Attachments

• B88445AA-31FE-474E-AFCF-581B56057019.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for the reply Tai,

I'll dig out the code a bit later. I returned the Morec for now, and picked up a Bosch, it gets installed tomorrow by an electrician. If this thing triggers the Engine light when charging then it'll be hard to blame the charger, it was on the dealerships "approved" list.

For those who find this thread. So far I had the same issue with the "approved" Bosch ev200, so if you are eyeing up the Morec charger, it might actually be fine (and the build quality seemed okay when I used it).

I'm moving my woes of the technical issue to the other post here https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4997

Sorry it IS BS! EVSEs work to a standard, cars also adhere to that same standard, it’s unacceptable for a manufacturer to claim only certain devices work.
If the car develops a fault after being plugged in to an EVSE it can only be a fault with the car, it matter not what the EVSE has done or not done correctly. I mean it only switches the power on when requested, and advertises the available power.

I’ve already had this argument with the dealer, he didn’t have the first clue about car charging.

Back