Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I bought a second hand Outlander PHEV late last year, loving it so far!

It's now due for a service... I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience getting it serviced outside of a Mitsubishi dealer? There's a place near my house who can do it, but when I asked about the fact that the car is hybrid electric he just said he "doesn't touch any of that stuff". Looking at other comments it seems there are firmware upgrades etc required, which I'm guessing this guy won't do.

I live in Sydney, Inner West.

Hi Aussie Outlander PHEV team.
I have a 2021 GSR model (Bilstein suspension), having driven 9,000km in the last 3 months. I'm loving my PHEV. I travel 92km on freeway three days a week. Charge from Tesla Power wall and solar unless it is too overcast then use off peak power at home, charge from grid at office.
Have discovered for the run to my office the following examples (using PHEV Watchdog paid edition);
Economy mode;
68% EV (54km of 92km total drive, Average speed 82Km/h - max speed 110)
2.4 % coasting, 16% regenerated, fuel consumption 4.8l/100km

Sport mode then Economy mode to deplete battery by end of trip;
30% EV (23km of 92km total drive, 93km/h average speed - max speed 110)
4.1% coasting, 20% Regenerated, fuel consumption 5.2l/100km

Sport Only mode; (50% battery remaining at end of 92 km trip)
6.1% EV (1km of 92km total drive, Average speed 88km/h - max speed 110)
30% coasting, 6.5% regenerated, fuel consumption 8l/100km

Preferred drive is 'one pedal' B5 where 3.2l/100km is possible for the same trip with no adaptive cruise (unless its been a hard day :D ).

See how similar modes 1 and 2 above we in terms of fuel consumption (0.4l/100km) even though the Sport mode section of the drive was more engaging in mode 2. All drives were Adaptive cruise and Aircon on (summer temps)
I think I have just found my favourite way to drive to work.

As an aside, I can easily get 50+km of range out of the battery on full charge with careful local driving.

Now waiting on the inverter standards to be settled so I can plug in to power my house. :) Happy PHEVing

Good on ya Mike!

Welcome aboard.

:)

The last part is tricky.

You'd need to take your home off the grid before you can run it from your PHEV's battery.

Otherwise you'd be also powering your neighbours' homes too.

That may be a simple as turning off the mains power, but could be more complex.

Let us know what you find out.

Good news this week with the Wallbox Quasar bi-directional charger being approved for Australian use to allow the Outlander PHEV 2020 version to be plugged in for Vehicle to Home (V2H)/Vehicle to Grid (V2G) connection. https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2022-02-14/electric-vehicle-first-ev-chargers-v2g-v2h-to-arrive-australia/100811130

Hi All
Managed to write my PHEV off in the latest floods. I have two type 1 chargers now surplus to requirements.
One is 8A with standard plug, the other is 10A with 15A style plug (larger earth pin)
$220 each or $400 for both. Pickup Sunshine Coast or postage at buyers expense.

Listed on facebook marketplace here:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/916120875725151/

Note - this post relates to a 2021 Outlander PHEV GSR model with standard Bilstein suspension;

For the Aussie group I wanted to throw in a tyre replacement that is working well so far; Re-sized from Toyo 225/55 R18 to Continental Cross LX Sport 235/60 R18. This adds 40mm to the diameter of the wheel and does the following;
- raised the ride height by around 18mm
- smooths and quietens the ride (running the same 40psi pressure)
- zeros the speedo error of +6%
- Run Flat spec means I can drop the spare wheel out of the boot for local running.
- a little more off road than the Toyo with a M+S (mud and snow) rating though not for adventuring
- aesthetically it fills the wheel arches better than the standard tyres without contacting the body on full lock or spring compression https://photos.google.com/u/2/photo/AF1QipP-PPpsbUMC-30qLkfclTsHK0T7wV2nK6W2z8XK

55,000km out of the Toyo set before they started hydroplaning in heavy rain.

Hey everyone,

I've got a 2017 Outlander here in Melbourne which is about 60% degraded. I'm getting about 20km of range. It could use a dbcam, leveling, and BMU reset. Does anyone know where this can be done in Melb?

Back