Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboom

I had a couple of onlookers - mouths open and pointing in awe at my near-silent Outlander in the middle of Bristol at the weekend. :)

You can plug in for free at Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, but you have to use your own charger - which means it's not a half-hour recharge so take your time shopping ;)

Regards :D

The ev spaces in cabot circus are very tight especially if another car has taken the first space and the only remaining one is round the corner behind the low wall. I don't think they had outlanders in mind when they designed those spaces.

I avoid the mall at cribbs causeway at all costs. It is an awful place and the roads in and out seem to be always far too busy.

jaapv said:
Did you check the Mall at Cribbs Causeway?

...all I've seen there is a charger for the Teslas. :roll:

Maybe someone knows for something suitable for an Outlander at Cribbs.

Lucky for me I can get there and back on EV ;)

Don't think you can use one at Mall, according to zap-map. Tried Brislington P&R the weekend area coned off glad I had fuel :D

Kaboom said:
jaapv said:

Basically I can as well. Patricia's family lives in Patchway, so when visiting we could walk there, more or less. I need an Outlander, though, to carry off the spoils.. :lol:
Mine was the first PHEV in the area, I suppose, though not with UK plates... :mrgreen:

jaapv said:

I spent 20 minutes searching for it last week with out luck. As I go back quite often, I would be really grateful if anyone can tell me where I should have been looking.

FrancoPHEV said:
jaapv said:

I spent 20 minutes searching for it last week with out luck. As I go back quite often, I would be really grateful if anyone can tell me where I should have been looking.

According to Zap-map, one by Harvey's furniture, the other over by Soho Coffee. Both showing as inoperable at the moment.

https://www.zap-map.com/live/#y=51.52379/x=-2.59936/z=17

jaapv said:
Kaboom said:
jaapv said:

Basically I can as well. Patricia's family lives in Patchway, so when visiting we could walk there, more or less. I need an Outlander, though, to carry off the spoils.. :lol:
Mine was the first PHEV in the area, I suppose, though not with UK plates... :mrgreen:

Hi jaapv,

You remember the DAF variomatic (or reading about it)?
Presumably the Outlander PHEV is a distant descendant? ;)
I really cannot feel when it changes gear!

The latter might well be because it has no gear to change... :mrgreen:

Yes, I mentioned the Daffodil feeling a few times in the Forum. Basically the car has, when in series parallel mode, a kind of electrical CVT, in the sense that engine revs are dictated by power demand, not by road speed.

FrancoPHEV said:
jaapv said:

Right next to the main Boots entrance from the car park behind Cribbs.
2 spaces at the beginning of the rank of disabled spaces (although I've been there before, unable to charge because a disabled badge holder has ICE'd the space.

Works free with Sourcewest. Includes Chademo for the 20min charge.

jaapv said:
The latter might well be because it has no gear to change... :mrgreen:

Yes, I mentioned the Daffodil feeling a few times in the Forum. Basically the car has, when in series parallel mode, a kind of electrical CVT, in the sense that engine revs are dictated by power demand, not by road speed.

Hi jaapv

I've just re-read the Honest John review of the Outlander PHEV and he says it has a CVT. :roll:

Not often he's wrong - but it looks like he defo is this time ;)

Back