Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitsubishi Outlander 2018 - Another British Invasion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm 

Wow! I did not realize that the United States has been denied the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV! I bought a used 2013 Chevrolet Premium Volt in the mountains. The 40-mile range of the battery pack means that I am covered for my 18-mile work commute. However, I hike a kilometer to the Copper Mountain Resort charging station every night because my Housing Association has banned electric vehicle charging. The heating system is non-existent in the Volt. My average MPG is 80 with about 4,000 miles of non-electric mountain driving on vacation each year. Also, driving Forest Service bumpy dirt roads to 4,300-meter peak trails is a bit frightening in the low-clearance, front-wheel-drive Volt. I think that the Outlander will actually have a chance to compete with the Subaru Outlander/Forester, the favorite vehicles in Colorado. I dream of buying an Outlander PHEV in a few years. :) What is the heating system like in the Outlander for sub-zero temperatures? How much is the range reduced in below-zero temperatures?

Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2018 - Another British Invasion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 pm 

Is this now the USA regional discussion thread?

I'm in Maryland and got my 2018 Outlander GT PHEV last Friday, so just a week on it so far.

So much info out there, but mostly Europe or UK, so still digging for info about 120V charging - especially with the 120/240V 16A ones.

So far no complaints at all except that my initial tests with an iOBD2 device resulted in some very bad messages displayed on my dash, 2 days without vehicle estimated range plus a service warning and now it seems the OBD port is disabled.

Did learn the hard way how important it is to keep some charge in the battery when you have a 2000 ft vertical climb at the end of your trip.

Any others in the US?

Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2018 - Another British Invasion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 pm 

There’s a whole subforum under “Local / Regional Discussions” for North America.

viewforum.php?f=14

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver