Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Australians down under
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:33 pm 

In case there is any interest, I ended up getting the very good independent workshop across the road to do it - genuine filters used, fully synthetic oil (the last not technically needed, but it's what Mitsubishi used also last service) - $380. I'm happy with that.

Apparently there's some legislation happening at the moment that will force manufacturers to provide access to their software tools for independent service providers (at a cost).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm 

Darkflow wrote:
In case there is any interest, I ended up getting the very good independent workshop across the road to do it - genuine filters used, fully synthetic oil (the last not technically needed, but it's what Mitsubishi used also last service) - $380. I'm happy with that.

Apparently there's some legislation happening at the moment that will force manufacturers to provide access to their software tools for independent service providers (at a cost).

Yep agreed similar cost & materials for me, done simply by the book and specified ingredients no problems.

Imagine the resale values if this was not possible, anyway only a small number of dealerships can handle a real Phev service & maintenance. If you check my previous comments you can see what a crap warrantee job they did (mitsu), instead of replacing a simple hub they wrecked the axle which put Phev out of use for 2 months.

The weak link for the vehicle is the ICE and related components.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 pm 

PHEV Exceed model
Delivered November 2017
Location - Albany, Western Australia
Occupation - retired.
First Electric Car, but I have an electric bike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 pm 

Has anyone installed their own towbar? If so, where did you plug the cable that goes from the trailer ecu to the positive terminal on the battery? The diagrams that were provided, say that the loom is in the engine bay, I cant find it anywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 pm 

Fluxenator687 wrote:
I cant find it anywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

I have a dealer fitted towbar. If you don't get a reply from anyone else that has fitted one, I might be able to trace some cables for you?

Cheers, J.
http://www.EvPositive.com
2010 iMiEV, 2015 Outlander PHEV
PHEV App EvBatMon -
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EvPositive.EvBatMon
iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evbatmon-for-mitsubishi-outlander/id1143901805

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 pm 

zzcoopej wrote:
Fluxenator687 wrote:
I cant find it anywhere. Any advice? Thanks.

I have a dealer fitted towbar. If you don't get a reply from anyone else that has fitted one, I might be able to trace some cables for you?

Cheers mate, it's only a power cable, hayman reese said that I'll be able to cut the cable off the trailer ecu connector and wire it up to the battery, with the supplied fuse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 pm 

Sorry, love to help, but got mine fitted by Peddars.

:D

1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:08 am 

G'day
Ive had my 14/aspire for a year now and am very happy, in general.
A couple of questions though if anyone has any comments..
1. Recently my mileage has been degrading. I switched to 95 petrol which helped for a while but it's down again. I frequently do a 300k round trip, i used to be able to do that and get home with a 5.9 average, last trip was more like 8, and 1 trio it was 12.
2. Due for a 75k service. Any idea what it may cost, and any dealer (eastern Melbourne) to avoid...
3. Both the 'info display' button and the traction control? Button next to it on the dash don't work. Dealer couldn't find the cause last service. Im hoping they have done some homework since, but for various reasons im not hopeful. Is this a known issue?

Thanks..

Russ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:12 am 

russ wrote:
1. Recently my mileage has been degrading. I switched to 95 petrol which helped for a while but it's down again. I frequently do a 300k round trip, i used to be able to do that and get home with a 5.9 average, last trip was more like 8, and 1 trio it was 12.
With or without on-route charge-ups? Without, 5.9 seems to good to be true and 12 seems to bad to be true. 8 seems like something you should / could expect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:52 pm 

Thanks, it could be memory - perhaps i was achieving 6.9. Im sure it was better than 8 though.
The ice seems to be switching on more often around town, even with full charge. Its quite chilly at the moment, perhaps it is heater related.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next