Radionut50

Re: Australians down under

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:51 am

AndyInOz wrote:Eh? Who let a kiwi in here bro?

:P[/quote
greendwarf wrote:He might be an Aussie gone walkabout 8-)

Happy New Year to the land "Down Under"
Naaahhh.. A real Kiwi, just watching the activity over the pond... Can't see much at the moment though, for that horrendous smoke cloud that is colouring the sky this far.

I enjoy reading the comments in this thread as it is a bit closer to the driving conditions (at least the season) here.

Happ New Year to all!
Outlander PHEV VRX 4W 2019
New Zealand

Bloggsy

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:49 pm

Happy New Year everyone - best wishes and our thoughts are with all those being affected by those horrendous bush fires. Hope you and yours are safe and well, and I look forward to reading about your exploits with your PHEV this year!

Cheers

Bloggsy
2015 GX4h in Black
Living in Scotland

simurgh

Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm

I have owned a PHEV since 2015, just found this forum. Hi everyone!

Forgot to say I am in Sydney
PHEV MY15 Grey / Sydney

zzcoopej

Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 pm

simurgh wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm
I have owned a PHEV since 2015, just found this forum. Hi everyone!

Forgot to say I am in Sydney
Welcome, I'm up Gosford way.
How is your SOH, and have you had your battery replaced?

PantherPhev

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi All!

Very new to be PHEV owner here (and new to register on the forum), my Red Exceed should arrive on Friday, ahead of schedule.

Can’t wait to be joining the PHEV community!

zzcoopej

Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:40 am

PantherPhev wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi All!

Very new to be PHEV owner here (and new to register on the forum), my Red Exceed should arrive on Friday, ahead of schedule.

Can’t wait to be joining the PHEV community!
Hope you enjoy it, remember don't overthink things, it works very well if you just drive it. "Save" button is useful for freeway driving, and the B0-B5 steering wheel paddles just adjust the "zero point" of the accelerator/regen braking. Pressing the foot brake will use regen if possible (ie battery not full) regardless of the "B" setting.

Where abouts in Oz are you? I'm NSW Central Coast.

PantherPhev

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 am

I am Blue Mountains NSW, so not too far away.

PantherPhev

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Well my Phev is now being deliver Monday afternoon, and to say I am excited is an understatement.

I have been reading up on the site, and watching YouTube on the Phev for ages now.

I reckon I am the perfect user for mitsi had in mind - weekday usage of 5-10km/day with weekend getaways.

I intend to only charge it using the standar granny charger once the battery has run down (hopefully once a week or so). Does that sound right? My experience with LiPo is they don’t like cycling unnecessarily (such as when above minimum state of charge), and no need to with the Phev unlike a Bev (plus I am on a novated lease so no worry about fuel).

I am looking into solar for (amongst other things), charging during the day. I am also considering connecting another charger to controlled load 1 (off peak) for night charging.

Thinking off getting a spare wheel as well for longer trips. Anyone using one/ recommendations?

zzcoopej

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:16 am

PantherPhev wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Thinking of getting a spare wheel as well for longer trips. Anyone using one/ recommendations?
There was someone who had a swing gate with spare on the back, others carry in the cabin.

PantherPhev

Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 am

Well it was delivered today, and boy am my wife and I impressed.

Lots to love, and as expected lots to learn.

I am pleasantly surprised with the cars power, even in EV and Eco mode. I think I now understand the electric motor torque all EV users speak of.

Still finding it difficult to work the power rear boot lid, more manual reading I guess.

It’s charging up now after the goose who drove it to me on the freeway failed to use save mode. 11.4 L/100km , guess he drove it like he stole it 🤬

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”