East Anglia - England

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtw

I felt the need for a separate group covering Norfolk and Suffolk. We're further east than East Midlands and not quite south enough to be South East.

I haven't spotted any Outlander PHEVs out and about but I'm sure I can't be the only one over here who already owns or has one on order. My GX3h is due in stock at the end of December so I suspect I won't see it until the new year. I'm also waiting on a charge point installation date from a local company who will be installing a tethered 32A Rolec unit for free (after they've given some attention to the earth bonds which need an update to bring them in line with the latest regs.)

So, am I the only one over this way?

rtw, if you can find out the boat your car is on then you can track it on marinetraffic.com

Mine is on the Capricornus Leader currently moored in Bremerhaven, probably picking up a load of Audis, BMWs, VWs, Porsches and Mercedes for its return leg.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:8.558931/centery:53.57499/zoom:8/mmsi:564902000/shipid:729214

I order a Black GX3h on 8th September, for some reason they seem to be in rare supply, had I ordered any other colour would have had it months ago, but now expected to dock in the UK tomorrow, though I doubt that considering it's still moored up. Assuming it does arrive in a UK port over then next few days then I can expect delivery early December. Can't wait, first new car I've ever bought and find this frustrating after being used to taking a car for a test drive, then within 3 days driving it out of the forecourt.

I also have order a black gx3h (leather) in September latest news from New Car Discount is due to arrive at the dealer in early December. I hope its also on the Capricornus Leader. Cant wait.
Sam

Hi guys,

Glad to hear that Black is in favour, I would suggest you get some microfiber drying cloths (2 or 3) as when washed the black looks great until it drys, then it shows every watermark.

If you dry it off, it looks like new. A teflon based polish is also great for that colour.

Cheers

Chris

I've just been told my GX3h is on a ship due to dock in the UK on the 4th December. Sadly they didn't have any details about which ship it was but I've made enquiries elsewhere which I'm waiting on for replies.

Great tip about the microfibre cloth and I'll be sure to invest heavily in teflon based polish.

Hi all!

I've got a PHEV in Norfolk!!

Haven't seen another this way so far though. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Happy PHEV'ing!

Cheers.

Drove my white PHEV up to Wymondham a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to dualling of A11 being completed. Looks almost ready.

I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in Norwich, but not due to get mine until later in the year.

I live near Bury St. Edmunds and took delivery of my outlander PHEV GH4h few days before Christmas. First public charge I was parked next to another PHEV so suspect the number of owners in East Anglia is growing. Let hope the number charge points grow as well.

Wow, not many about. I am in Cambridge, by Duxford Airport but will be using it up and down the A10 to Hunstanton where we have an apartment. Will be interesting to see the mixed driving the A10 can supply (different on every journey!)

Just waiting for the paperwork to go through with the dealer. Pre-registered, 2 months old, 300 miles on the clock and never dealer stickered and with a £12,000 discount from list; probably because of the new model and they dont want it on their books. I don't care, I got a great deal :) They have 3 other PHEV's as demonstrators but this was never on the demo fleet.

Patently waiting . . . .

Jeff

Hello Anglo Saxons!

Picking up my Orient Red 2016 GX4H around Xmas, all being well.

Don't see many of these around these parts (Ipswich area)....

Hi All

I'm another new PHEV owner based in Cambridge, but often on the road up to Derby and across to Warwick. I think I've spotted another Glacier Blue PHEV in Cambridge, and did see one charging in the Queen Anne Car Park once. Not sure I'll be doing that, but I'm getting on OK so far with the rapid chargers on the motorways. Also used the Rapid Charger at Cambridge Services on A14 on Friday with no dramas. Interested to hear others experiences.

All the best

JC

There are a few knocking around Norfolk Suffolk mine included. In case anyone wants to know the Mitsubishi Dealer at Lowestoft gives excellent service

2016 GX4h in red, just north of Cambridge. Had it a week - enjoying it so far (and getting used to its quirks!)

-- Steve

I'm just south of Cambridge.

It's now become a game to spot the 'PHEV's' when we go out.

There are more & more getting about, not often that we don't see at least 2.

And another for Cambridge (just west between A14 and A428).

Pick up my 2015 GX3h (facelift) tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Big change for me, my Discovery 3 HSE has been a brill car but times change, lifestyle changes and it seems right to move on.

I note there are some Disco3.co.uk members on here already :lol:

Steve
:D

maplecottage said:
And another for Cambridge (just west between A14 and A428).

Pick up my 2015 GX3h (facelift) tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Big change for me, my Discovery 3 HSE has been a brill car but times change, lifestyle changes and it seems right to move on.

I note there are some Disco3.co.uk members on here already :lol:

:D

I hope you will enjoy your PHEV, I love mine. A very different proposition from a Disco 3. In my experience when Discos are going well they are in a class of their own, always possessing more capability than I could ever exploit. But I spent my life on the Disco 3 forum trying to work out what was going to go wrong next. Mine cost over £6000 in repairs over three years, never mind the cost of servicing and fuel.

Back