Canada Service Schedule

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protor

Based on the service book, also confirmed with Mitsubishi dealer, 2018 Outlander PHEV needs to be serviced every 5 months or 8000km, whichever comes first.
Is this correct? When I went to dealer for service after 5 months , my PHEV only used less than 2 tanks of gas. I had to change oil even gas engine barely run.

Do you guys follow the schedule?

Apparently Canadian cars should be coddled... :roll: We treat them more sternly. Every 20.000 km or year, whatever comes first.
It's a nice profitable scheme for the dealers, I'd say. Captive audience: comply or lose your guaranty.

I follow the Canadian schedule, but mine sees more severe use than most, as it's a courier vehicle. It sees almost 1500km/week, with 75% of that at freeway speed (120-130 km/h). My EV use over the 10 months is 45%. Since it's the tool that earns my pay, I treat it well, as I believe preventive maintenance is cheaper than catastrophic repairs!

Yes, but it is weird that service intervals for the same car vary so widely. Given that we have tens of thousands of the things on the road over the last five years without catastrophic repairs due to lack of maintenance, it is hard to think of a technical reason for the Canadian schedule.

Thanks guys for your information. 1 year interval makes more sense. i am not sure what we can do in Canada as outlander PHEV owner except just following the schedule. Money to spend on service is one thing, unnecessary oil change is against my main purpose to go green.

So you have to ignore service counted on dash menu? My service menu says 12Kkm or 6 month. Decreasing counts. My average commute ~3Kkm/mo with 3l/100km consumption. Oil change every 250 liters of gas burned does not make seance.

jaapv said:
The service menu can be reset.

how you do that? Just bought 2018 last week with 19Kkms, and confused between 5k intervals and suggested 7k, 16k and 24k for service 1, 2, 3 respectively.

Can anyone in Canada advise what they paid for the 24000 km (service 3) service, which apparently takes overnight as it requires a full battery discharge and reset process? I am getting close and wondered what is a reasonable, or historical cost.

My 24k service was $422, However, it did not include an overnight battery check. I don't think my dealer has ever checked the battery, and probably doesn't know how. It was the usual oil change and heavy on the drivetrain inspection, plus brake service. I think my dealer likes working on brakes, which tells you where their technical expertise lies.

It does seem that Mitsubishi needs to up their oil game. My old Subaru went 10k on synthetic oil. My wife's Audi A3 e-tron goes 15k between changes, same Canadian climate.

Back