Mikeology

Re: US Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am

New owner here! Just picked up my brown SEL last weekend. $2k off of sticker. Been great crusing around Oakland

Demon2030

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Got mine Pearl White GT also in Oakland, CA. But I got $4200 off the sticker price.
Super exiting to have it so far (3 weeks for now). It's so impressive to look at 260 mpg on dashboard while dropping off kids to school.

BudRaymond

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:35 am

Just picked up a Pearl White SEL in Atlanta. Very happy with this car! Any other Georgia owners on here?

reeseman

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:14 pm

I have had my Outlander PHEV GT since Feb. Just passed 6K miles. I joined the forum to get tips, get questions answered and see how others are doing with their PHEV.

dlssg77

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:22 am

reeseman wrote:I have had my Outlander PHEV GT since Feb. Just passed 6K miles. I joined the forum to get tips, get questions answered and see how others are doing with their PHEV.
Hello-
How are you liking it so far? I don't have one yet, but am seriously considering one. I am hoping to get insights from owners in the US.

generaltso

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:06 am

dlssg77 wrote:
reeseman wrote:I have had my Outlander PHEV GT since Feb. Just passed 6K miles. I joined the forum to get tips, get questions answered and see how others are doing with their PHEV.
Hello-
How are you liking it so far? I don't have one yet, but am seriously considering one. I am hoping to get insights from owners in the US.
I like it. If you can keep your driving to around 25 miles between charges, it's fantastic. If you drive a lot more than that, you may not be happy with the efficiency. The most annoying thing about the vehicle is the creaky driver's seat, which Mitsubishi USA seems to think isn't a problem.
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
Mercury Gray Metallic

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

dlssg77

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:22 pm

generaltso wrote:
dlssg77 wrote:
Hello-
I like it. If you can keep your driving to around 25 miles between charges, it's fantastic. If you drive a lot more than that, you may not be happy with the efficiency. The most annoying thing about the vehicle is the creaky driver's seat, which Mitsubishi USA seems to think isn't a problem.

Thanks. I am going to make a whole new post to ask some additional questions. Please feel free to add additional insights:) Thanks.

plannersteve

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Just got my 2018 Outlander PHEV GT in Brown with Brown interior. Liking it so far.

I waited for the Ford Escape PHEV to be revealed, but turns out it will only be offered in front wheel drive and I definitely wanted AWD. Maybe the Jeep Compass and VW Atlas will offer PHEV, but I got tired of waiting.

I've got solar panels and have some excess power so this vehicle is a good fit. Other than road trips, I suspect I will seldom run on gas.
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

SemaphoreSlim

Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Hey, all. I'm a twofer (both new owner and forum member).

Just picked up a 2021MY GT model in Renton, WA USA.

We have been interested since 2018 but were quite annoyed that the rest of the world got an upgrade in 2019 to a bigger battery and rear-motor but we in the US did not. Sucks to be us, I guess.

ANYwhoo, finally got the car we wanted (it's the wife's car - mine is a 16-year-old, 'bulletproofed' 6.0L Ford Excursion Diesel w/2" lift).

We are totally stoked to have a car we can drive around town on batteries and only use gasoline to allay our range-anxiety.

So far, it's been all kinds of fun figuring out all the regen-braking modes and the serial-vs.-parallel hybrid modes and such.

But, then, both of us are total geeks so we are really enjoying it!
~SemaphoreSlim

“If the dream is won, though everything is lost
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost.”

-Neil Peart, "Bravado"
(Power Windows, 1985)

Return to “North America - USA and Canada”