US Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got our Alloy Silver SEL last week in San Diego. The Outlander is for my wife and I drive a Ford Fusion Energi. Most days are all EV for the both of us in our daily drives.

ckrs said:
Just got our Alloy Silver SEL last week in San Diego. The Outlander is for my wife and I drive a Ford Fusion Energi. Most days are all EV for the both of us in our daily drives.

To CKRS, how much did you pay for your car? :?:

Took advantage of the lease offer for July 4th. Was bummed they didn't have a competitive lease on the GT, but we like the SEL.

Greetings. Pearl White SEL on lease through Leskovar in Kennewick, WA.

Looking for good fitting seat covers. Any thoughts, experience with brands?

Has anyone found a way to power fold the mirrors with the vehicle running?

See ya.

N6IO said:
I'm finding I need to keep acceleration under 60kw if I don't want the engine starting. And was surprised this morning that the B3-B5 regen modes didn't act any different than B2 due to having a full charge.
As long as I remember to press the EV and ECO buttons, it has not started the ICE at full acceleration...
And yes, at a full battery there is no regen braking. Nowhere for the electricity to go!

We picked up a Quartz Brown GT for my wife last night. I've been driving a Volt since November, so we're an all-electric family now. We're located in the DFW metroplex.

We pick up a Ruby Black Pearl SEL near Chicago 10 days ago. Almost 500 miles on the clock now, all of them awesome! I installed a Siemens VersiCharge L2 charger in the garage over the weekend which has been super helpful for maximizing EV driving this week. In the course of a month and a half our garage converted from German to Japanese. My other car is a 2000 Honda Insight clad in the limited edition lime green.

dogman12 said:
Greetings. Pearl White SEL on lease through Leskovar in Kennewick, WA.

Looking for good fitting seat covers. Any thoughts, experience with brands?

Has anyone found a way to power fold the mirrors with the vehicle running?

See ya.

There's an OEM option if you can get it from Japan, part number MZ 501739, it is air-bag compatible, expensive, and shipping will probably cost an arm and leg: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/purchase/accessory/lineup/outlander/interior.html

There are custom-seat vendors out there, but I haven't personally tried them, a few examples:
https://www.shearcomfort.com/Seat-Covers-for-2018-Mitsubishi-Outlander
https://www.coverking.com/seat-covers/custom-seat-covers/molded-custom-seat-covers-for-2018-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-sel.html
etc... (from Google search)

New owner here! Just picked up my brown SEL last weekend. $2k off of sticker. Been great crusing around Oakland

Got mine Pearl White GT also in Oakland, CA. But I got $4200 off the sticker price.
Super exiting to have it so far (3 weeks for now). It's so impressive to look at 260 mpg on dashboard while dropping off kids to school.

I have had my Outlander PHEV GT since Feb. Just passed 6K miles. I joined the forum to get tips, get questions answered and see how others are doing with their PHEV.

reeseman said:
I have had my Outlander PHEV GT since Feb. Just passed 6K miles. I joined the forum to get tips, get questions answered and see how others are doing with their PHEV.
Hello-
How are you liking it so far? I don't have one yet, but am seriously considering one. I am hoping to get insights from owners in the US.

dlssg77 said:
reeseman said:
Hello-
How are you liking it so far? I don't have one yet, but am seriously considering one. I am hoping to get insights from owners in the US.

I like it. If you can keep your driving to around 25 miles between charges, it's fantastic. If you drive a lot more than that, you may not be happy with the efficiency. The most annoying thing about the vehicle is the creaky driver's seat, which Mitsubishi USA seems to think isn't a problem.

generaltso said:
dlssg77 said:
reeseman said:
Hello-

I like it. If you can keep your driving to around 25 miles between charges, it's fantastic. If you drive a lot more than that, you may not be happy with the efficiency. The most annoying thing about the vehicle is the creaky driver's seat, which Mitsubishi USA seems to think isn't a problem.

Thanks. I am going to make a whole new post to ask some additional questions. Please feel free to add additional insights:) Thanks.

Just got my 2018 Outlander PHEV GT in Brown with Brown interior. Liking it so far.

I waited for the Ford Escape PHEV to be revealed, but turns out it will only be offered in front wheel drive and I definitely wanted AWD. Maybe the Jeep Compass and VW Atlas will offer PHEV, but I got tired of waiting.

I've got solar panels and have some excess power so this vehicle is a good fit. Other than road trips, I suspect I will seldom run on gas.

Hey, all. I'm a twofer (both new owner and forum member).

Just picked up a 2021MY GT model in Renton, WA USA.

We have been interested since 2018 but were quite annoyed that the rest of the world got an upgrade in 2019 to a bigger battery and rear-motor but we in the US did not. Sucks to be us, I guess.

ANYwhoo, finally got the car we wanted (it's the wife's car - mine is a 16-year-old, 'bulletproofed' 6.0L Ford Excursion Diesel w/2" lift).

We are totally stoked to have a car we can drive around town on batteries and only use gasoline to allay our range-anxiety.

So far, it's been all kinds of fun figuring out all the regen-braking modes and the serial-vs.-parallel hybrid modes and such.

But, then, both of us are total geeks so we are really enjoying it!

New member from Cleveland, Ohio. We've owned a Ford Focus Electric and a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, and recently picked up a low mileage 2018 Outlander GT PHEV. We power it from a 6.9 kWp solar array on the garage roof that also feeds the grid. Love the AWD feature and fold flat rear seats, but we have never had a car that nagged us as much. I wish we could turn off the LDW permanently!

Back