US Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GregsPHEVGT said:
New member from Cleveland, Ohio. We've owned a Ford Focus Electric and a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, and recently picked up a low mileage 2018 Outlander GT PHEV. We power it from a 6.9 kWp solar array on the garage roof that also feeds the grid. Love the AWD feature and fold flat rear seats, but we have never had a car that nagged us as much. I wish we could turn off the LDW permanently!
To disable LDW press LDW button once (now disabled). Press it again for more then 10sec. LDW goes in different mode. Press again to disable it.
Now when you restart the vehicle LDW will stay in the last used mode, ON or OFF depend how it was when you turned the vehicle off.

Hello, all.

On October 2, 2021, we bought our white 2021 Outlander PHEV LE, after much research and playing around. It is replacing my 2019 Nissan Frontier, mostly because after my spouse bought a 2020 Leaf Plus, my truck became our long-range vehicle, and it killed me to be using so much fuel and putting out so much carbon (here in Idaho, the majority of my electricity comes from hydro power, and in about two more weeks, our home will be powered by a solar installation). We are having a factory hitch put on the Outlander, and it will pull a rented utility trailer from time to time in order to fill the truck gap.

Also, several times a year it will pull a tent trailer that weighs about 1500lbs (at least that is the hope--we have some difficult mountain passes to navigate, so I'm not sure, but the larger electric motors and the 2.4L engine should be fine). Any of you who might have experience with this, I'd love to hear from you. Before we leased the car (decent lease deal, and it was the only LE anywhere in this part of the country--the Boise area is still pretty afraid of electric vehicles) I had haunted these forums for quite some time, especially those dealing with towing; but they are almost entirely by Europeans and their caravans (and there the Outlander is rated for towing 3300lbs, rather than 1500), and in England at least, they have nothing like the passes I have to drive through. Regardless, I drive seldom, so overwhelmingly my miles will be EV, except for a few times a month 50+mile drives and the six or so times a year we drive 600+miles.

Back