Canadian PHEV warranty details

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trades46

Hello folks in Canada I got a question for you. ;)

I think we all know that Mitsubishi Canada flaunts their 10yr/160,000km warranty in the country, being arguably one of the longest of all manufacturers here. The Outlander PHEV also has the standard 10yr power-train warranty, plus 10yr limited warranty and 10yr roadside assistance but along with it a 10 year warranty on the all-important Li-Ion battery pack, probably the most important part of our car.

However what I haven't been able to find is what specifically does the 10yr warranty on the Li-Ion drive battery encompass? Obviously workmanship and premature failure is covered, but what about the all important battery degradation?

Nissan Canada covers the Leaf battery for 8 years or 100,000km, but however specifically states that within 60 months (5 years) if the battery capacity drops below 70% (measured by the 12 "battery health" bars on the instrument cluster, with 4 bars disappearing as a sign of <70% health) the battery would be replaced free of charge. For Mitsubishi UK, they specifically state if the battery drops below 70% within 8 years or 100,000 miles (equal to ~160,000 km), the battery would be replaced. Is this also hold true for Canada?

Both my dealer & owners manual/warranty information have dodged the question or failed to turn up any results. Anyone know anything they want to share? :?:

Have you ever found out? My MY 2019 has less than 2k km to 100k km on the odometer.
And I know in good weather best case scenario I dont get more than 25km... I am not sure what to do before the full 5 year warranty expires. Please tell me about your Canadian experience on this :)

There is no battery degradation warranty in Canada. It has been discuses multiple times and confirmed.
Only failure battery warranty in Canada.

I know of one person on facebook that manage to force them replace the battery due to degradation but don't know the details.

Back