[SOLVED] Android Auto on N/A PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phevy

I was disappointed that I could not pair my Nexus 5 over Android Auto to the centre display. :cry:
The dealer said that it's a know issue and we're waiting on an update...
I even could not pair the remote app on my phone.

Thought it would be good to have a thread to follow the progress on this issue.

Worrying to hear that -- we are getting our new PHEV any day now and I'm hoping Android Auto will work with my OnePlus 5.

Just in case, are you sure that you are using a USB phone cable that supports data transfer (eg. the cable that came with the phone)? Some cables (eg. often those that come with third party chargers or phone extender batteries) only support charging, but not data transfer.

Everything works fine with my Pixel, and my wife's Huawai. I wonder if it has to do with your phone? The Nexus 5 is a few years old now... Does Android Auto work on the phone by itself?

Also, you say it won't pair - just checking that you are connecting direct with a USB cable? Wireless connection isn't supported, and I think would require new car hardware.

I hope you get it sorted out...

J

Yes, it was the cable! :oops:
All is fine now.
Dealer tried to have me setup my Android phone with the iPhone procedure.
I had to forget the car's SSID and follow the right procedure for Android and I can now remote control the car :D
https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev2/app/remote/jizen.html :!: ( the link in the manual did not work )

Phevy said:
Yes, it was the cable! :oops:
All is fine now.
Dealer tried to have me setup my Android phone with the iPhone procedure.
I had to forget the car's SSID and follow the right procedure for Android and I can now remote control the car :D
https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev2/app/remote/jizen.html :!: ( the link in the manual did not work )

Hi! I do also experienced a strange situation when I tried to pair my Xperia XZ Premium (G8141) and my wife's S8. No successful pairing results after several attempts. A friend successfully paired his iPhone with my 2019 PHEV so it is a Android malfunction.
Therefore, I'll try to use a Google (Pixel 3).

In Bucharest, Mitsubishi Dealer failed too when he tried to pair his S9 with my Outlander.

Back