Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: US Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 pm 

Hey everyone - the cars are here - where are you? 8-)

I picked-up my 2018 metallic grey SEL on the 16th in Minneapolis and drove it home to San Antonio. 1300 miles on the clock so far and I'm looking forward to driving this car until the wheels fall off!

Andy

---
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart EV (lease ends in Feb, '18)

Post subject: Re: US Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm 

Congrats! My Mercury Gray GT should be arriving at the dealer in the next few days. Then I’m having them install the parking sensors and tow hitch, so it may be a few more days after that. It’s been a very cold winter in Vermont, so I’m interested to see how many miles I can really get out of a charge. My commute to work is 10 miles each way, and there’s a free charger at the office, so I’m hoping to do most of my commuting without gas. Not sure how realistic that is with the need for heat though.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm 

generaltso wrote:
Congrats! My Mercury Gray GT should be arriving at the dealer in the next few days. Then I’m having them install the parking sensors and tow hitch, so it may be a few more days after that. It’s been a very cold winter in Vermont, so I’m interested to see how many miles I can really get out of a charge. My commute to work is 10 miles each way, and there’s a free charger at the office, so I’m hoping to do most of my commuting without gas. Not sure how realistic that is with the need for heat though.

I left the Twin Cities at 6pm and drove to Des Moines the first night. The lowest temp I saw on the display was -7°F. The car will happily run down the road with the cruise set for 70, making 78 degree heat and feeding the heated seats in EV mode. In that condition, a full charge provided about 12 miles of EV range. Preheating the car (really easy to do on shore power from the cell phone app) will mean you can keep the heat off, the heated seat on low, and you should be able to do all electric drives out and back if you want to. I look forward to your report!

I'll be adding a hitch as well once we get a bit closer to spring. I'd be interested in what your dealer installs - there's not a lot of info yet in the aftermarket world for our cars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 am 

:D just picked mine up from the dealer yesterday! Black ruby pearl with brown interior SEL with a few dealer added options from factory.

I wanted something a little more spacious and econominal to balance out my other gas guzzling car and this seems like the best option out there.

I'm really impressed with the car so far. I have a 20 mile commute each way to work so I'll get a good combination of gas and electric.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am 

Got my Mercury Grey metallic GT PHEV on Jan 9 from the dealers. I bought it site unseen and without a test drive. I was the first one the dealer had in (and sold). So far so good except my wife is using it for her daily driver!!! She has about a 20 mile one commute. She is able to make it one way all electric. Charging has been a breeze. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:23 pm 

generaltso wrote:
Then I’m having them install the parking sensors and tow hitch, so it may be a few more days after that.

generaltso - I'm even more interested in the make/part number of the hitch you have installed. I can confirm that because of our transverse muffler the aftermarket hitches for the electrically challenged ;) Outlanders will not fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 pm 

AndyH wrote:
generaltso wrote:
Then I’m having them install the parking sensors and tow hitch, so it may be a few more days after that.

generaltso - I'm even more interested in the make/part number of the hitch you have installed. I can confirm that because of our transverse muffler the aftermarket hitches for the electrically challenged ;) Outlanders will not fit.

I’m going with the OEM hitch (part# MZ314710) and wire harnesss (part# MZ314612). I was considering going aftermarket, but now I’m glad I didn’t since it likely wouldn’t have fit.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:20 am 

generaltso wrote:
AndyH wrote:
generaltso wrote:

I’m going with the OEM hitch (part# MZ314710) and wire harnesss (part# MZ314612). I was considering going aftermarket, but now I’m glad I didn’t since it likely wouldn’t have fit.

Thanks! Two of my local dealers quoted US$599.66 as their 'best' cash and carry price for the OEM hitch. The aftermarket should catch-up before too long.

I also learned that the local dealers don't want to sell service/shop manuals - they say the official Mitsubishi DVDs are for dealers only. That's something else I hope the aftermarket fixes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:49 am 

AndyH wrote:
I also learned that the local dealers don't want to sell service/shop manuals - they say the official Mitsubishi DVDs are for dealers only. That's something else I hope the aftermarket fixes.

You might start to dig here and see what you find:
http://mmc-manuals.ru/Mitsubishi_Outlander_III/en

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:40 pm 

Harald wrote:
AndyH wrote:

You might start to dig here and see what you find:
http://mmc-manuals.ru/Mitsubishi_Outlander_III/en

Thanks Harald - that was useful!