2019 are in the US? Am I dreaming or is it true?!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlssg77

Am I dreaming or are the 2019s actaully being sold in the US now? I just happened to check today on a couple of dealers' sites and I see them listed! Cool. Has anyone purchased one yet?

MY2020's are starting to come into dealers as we speak, and unfortunately no 2.4L (or larger battery). Looks like we need to wait until the all-new 2021's to get any power train upgrade.

Here is something in the my2020 SEL trim that I would like to have:

“The SEL trim also gets some upgrades in 2020 with safety, adding Forward Collision Mitigation, Automatic High Beams, and Lane Departure Warning”

It should be something we can add in the my2018, shouldn’t it?

Tai

Here in the US/CAN, these features only were only available for the GT trim, which is almost $6k more than SEL (20%!). I really didn’t care about other features, just the front collision avoidance. Having be rear ended 3 times, I wish all cars have this feature.

Tai

Tai626 said:
Here in the US/CAN, these features only were only available for the GT trim, which is almost $6k more than SEL (20%!). I really didn’t care about other features, just the front collision avoidance. Having be rear ended 3 times, I wish all cars have this feature.

Tai

Probably your fellow North Americans "jumping the lights" :oops:

3 times at highway. 2 cars were total lost and the PHEV was rear ended before 1year anniversary :-($10k to repair it, insurance paid). All drivers are young adults and I suspect if their cars had the front collision avoidance, probably my spine would suffer less now. My older daughter will be driving in 5 years. Her car will have this feature, at least, for sure.

Tai

Given other posts suggesting "false positives" with this system causing unnecessary braking, unless everybody has it you will actually increase the risk of being "rear-ended" - especially with your fellow American's disregard of speed limits. :cry:

The disregarding of speed limits (if that is even true, you have generalised somewhat based on an apparent dislike of everything American) is probably rarely the cause of rear end accidents - it's the lack of attention as there's a cell phone to be using, a meal to be eaten, a massive bucket of sugar water to be drunk, make up to be done, a gun to be waved around etc etc. American drivers seem to not want to take driving seriously and realise that they are supposed to be controlling a 2 ton missile. Obviously I'm generalising too.

Back