USA Leasing Question and EV Tax Credits

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdweiler

Has anyone actually done this. I feel I am getting the run around from dealerships about how it all works. I know the Federal and NYS Tax rebates go to the lease company as they actually own the vehicle. Dealer is telling me that any deals offered are already including the rebate in the prices. I find nothing on Mitsubishi website stating that. I called their customer service, and was told the same thing, any incentives are exclusive of the Federal Rebate and or State rebates. Currently Mitsubishi is offering $329/month lease for 36 Months. Nothing in the fine print says oh,by the way, thats including federal rebates. Who is right, who is wrong. I think the dealers are full of crap, the EV rebates are separate from any other offers. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks in advance!!!

I am currently leasing a 2018 PHEV Outlander - Ally is the financial holder. My lease is more than you are listing - but I put no money down. I did take both state and federal tax incentive - as I was told I was entitled. I'm not so sure any more - so we'll find out if that comes back to bite me.

The $329 with 0 down would make sense if they are taking off the incentives.

COPHEV said:
I am currently leasing a 2018 PHEV Outlander - Ally is the financial holder. My lease is more than you are listing - but I put no money down. I did take both state and federal tax incentive - as I was told I was entitled. I'm not so sure any more - so we'll find out if that comes back to bite me.

The $329 with 0 down would make sense if they are taking off the incentives.

You got bad info. That is definitely not okay to take the federal tax credit. The federal tax credit is only for the purchaser of the vehicle which in the case of the lease is the lease company. Depending on which state you are in, the rebate can be claimed by the individual leasing the car. California for instance, it goes to the individual, not the leasing company. Other states may be different, but certainly if you are leasing you should not have claimed the federal tax credit. I would file an amended tax return.

Back