First Service and RECALL

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridfenfun

Had the first service done today on my 2019 GT Canadian model. Dealer called it a Service type 1. Dealer also did a RECALL which was replacement of a relay of some type, and a larger cover for the new relay, vs original one.
They also told me next service is Type 2 @ 16000 KM, the one after that a Type 3 Service at 24000, at which time I should bring the car to them with the battery fully depleted, to reduce the time needed to do the battery recalibration. HE warned me cost will be about $600 Cdfn for the Type 3. Does this sound about right for anyone that has had this done already?

Yes, those service intervals are the same as my '18, though the most my local dealer has charged for the type 3 battery service was about $500. My car has 98,000 km now, and I've worn out the OEM tires, but the brakes are only about 1/4 worn. I do a lot of highway driving, and use the regen braking for slowing the car, only using the discs for the last bit of the stop.

Service of my 2018 at 25k was about $420. No mention of any battery work though, just a lot of inspections, air filter, cabin filter and an oil change.
They did the cold weather relay recall at my last service which was just a minor oil change one.
The warranty and maintenance manual never mentions battery re-calibration or servicing anywhere that I can see, all the way up to 192,000 km. Interesting if they offered it as part of the package.

Back