Eco-Friendly Rides

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Found an article for Outlander PHEV forum.
Mitsi to join hybrid market Mitsubishi will debut its commercial plug-in hybrid tall wagon in late January in Japan where it will cost US $38,800-$50,200. The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) can travel up to 38 miles on battery power alone and deliver roughly 157 mpg equivalent. It uses a 2.0-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine and returns about 44 mpg when operating as a normal hybrid. It has three drive modes: pure electric; series hybrid, where the gas engine acts as a power generator for the electric motors; and parallel hybrid mode, used at high speeds, when the gas engine does most of the work, with some assistance from the electric motors. It's expected to roll out in Europe next, then here.
Join Outlander PHEV forum for more news on Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

So is the 44 MPG rating for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in the article you quoted based on the US standard for MPG or the Japanese standard?

So the difference between the hybrid mode and the pure electric mode in the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is around 110 MPG, now that's a huge drop off.

How much can it run in pure electric mode, does anybody have that info?

I think I read somewhere that Mitsubishi Outlander can go 54 miles on just electric, but you have to take in consideration that it only implies straight terrain and warm weather(because the batteries empty out faster when it's cold).

Take this with a pinch of salt though.

That is not bad, if you have a small commute everyday you can really get away without a refill. These are good numbers Outlander is putting out.

Dannyboy said:
That is not bad, if you have a small commute everyday you can really get away without a refill. These are good numbers Outlander is putting out.

Because of the number that are reported on the Outlander PHEV I have to think that, if they deliver on them, the commercial success that Mitsubishi will be having would really be a step up for them. I mean this car by all account is a step up in the PHEV SUV department by a big margin.

Well we can only wait and see.

The Outlander PHEV plug in mpg has only been tested by Japanese standards the US has yet to reveal an an mpg rating.

Does anyone know what the towing capacity is on the Outlander PHEV ? Could be a deal breaker for some... ;)

Back