VS Tesla Model x

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELECBUYER

After reviewing the specs of the Mitsubishi Outlander, it sure looks like the Tesla Model X is a much more capable (and stylish) choice.

Maybe - I would have to drive it to see how specs translate in user experience. Mitsubishi has decades of experience in building practical cars - and it shows.
Anyway the dealer network is nowhere near adequate Tesla has five dealers over the whole country, of which three are in Amsterdam - a full 90 minute drive from where I live.

the main difference is the range. since Tesla is a pur EV it has much shorterrangevthan the Outlander.
85 kWh battery indicates a range of about 2-300 km. The Outlander has about 800 km

I agree - the Model X is a pure electric vehicle, not a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. Except for people buying the Outlander PHEV purely for electric driving (which means they never expect to travel farther than 20 miles or so), the vehicle is not a comparable.

The Tesla Model X maybe a better car but as it is not available any where in the world at the moment and the fact that the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is for sale now in a lot of countries and has already sold over 20,000 cars to date.
A lot of buyers outside of the USA have already opted to buy the Outlander PHEV over the Model X as it is either available now or in the next few months in both RHD and LHD. 4WD, 120kw of electric power, 50km of electric only running with petrol back up, good value for money.
Good test and stepping stone for EV buyers until the Tesla Model X is available.

bullit said:
Anyone who has Heard any price indication for Tesla X?

The price is expected to be about the same as the Model S, so making this comparison is kind of pointless...

I recently drove the Outlander PHEV and I actually considering buying it because it's a pretty good deal here in Sweden , if you rent it. Probably $ 250 less each month when compared with diesel version if you include the cost of fuel .

Some comments / "facts ":

1. The engine starts under hard acceleration , probably because the battery can not supply enough power , or to conserve the battery. It's also a bit of a delay when the engine starts and revs up , that and 0-60 in the 11s represents no ev- grin.

2nd The engine starts even when it's cold , to warm up the cabin. And there is no EV mode to force it to use the battery only . But to be fair, we ran 4-5 miles in -10 C (14 F), and since the engine only starts when we accelerated hard. So it's probably not a big deal if you have the car pre-heated.

3rd It is a permanent 4WD car when using the battery , BUT , you must use a " 4WD" to force this when the car runs out of battery. This is probably because the gas engine can drive the car right away so they want to save gas in the state and not force it to charge the battery when it is not needed.

4th Not the prettiest car in the world , although slightly better in real life as in the pictures.

5th Electric range of 30 miles NEDC , I'm guessing more like 20-25 EPA / real life. A Swedish magazine did a test , winter, mostly city driving , 0C/32F or so, and they got about 25 miles with the AC off for the last 6 miles .

It's a good family car but lots of space, 4WD. Nice security features such as automatic emergency brakes

If anyone on the PHEV forum has a comment, then I welcome you!

outlanderphev said:
I recently drove the Outlander PHEV and I actually considering buying it because it's a pretty good deal here in Sweden , if you rent it.
If anyone on the PHEV forum has a comment, then I welcome you!

I am due to pick up my Outlander PHEV Aspire on June 6th this week.
I live in Victoria Australia and because of lack of charging points in my state, the part EV and part petrol is the only option available for me to get driving in an EV mode.
I will happily comment after a few kms under my belt.
Goldie

Back