Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Specs for 2016 PHEV (Dutch site)
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:16 pm 

Looks legit to me, from a Dutch dealer.

Beyond the cosmetic touches highlights I picked out (courtesy of Google translate!):
    - Improved fuel efficiency (looks to be around 5%)
    - Lower emissions
    - Better MMCS usability
    - Updated suspension

http://www.jansnelputtershoek.nl/mitsubishi/outlander-phev-2016/ or if you want the google translate version...
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.jansnelputtershoek.nl/mitsubishi/outlander-phev-2016/&prev=search

I only mention this because I'm due to pick up my outlander on Friday and the dealer told me the new one wouldn't be out till late this year...makes me wonder!

Post subject: Re: Specs for 2016 PHEV (Dutch site)
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm 

Nice.. The MMCS hardware looks similar to the current model. I wonder if the current one could be updated with the latest version/ firmware...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm 

CO2 emission per km down from 44 gram to 42 gram
Plugin fuel economy down from 1.9 to 1.8 l / 100 km
Hybrid fuel economy down from 5.8 to 5.5 l / 100 km

The technical spec sheet still mentions 5.8 l / 100 km and 824 km range / 52 km EV range.

Charge time is reported as approx. 3 hrs at 16 A / 5 hrs at 10 A, both have come down 30 minutes.

Regarding MMCS, it says "changed buttons as well as menu structure". Who knows what they mean by "changed buttons".

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm 

AFAIK, from the picture the buttons hasn't change anything except that it's written in "words" instead of using icon. I think that is a straight picture used from the US market as they do not need to use icon on their buttons whereas in the EU normally they will use icon instead of words to cater different languages in the market.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm 

Indeed. Only change seems to be replacement of flag symbol by "DEST". But look at fine print on the PASSENGER and PASSENGER AIRBAG "buttons". Seems more intended for the Russian market to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 am 

Seems those in the Netherlands can order a new PHEV now for delivery in Mid-Sep 15:

http://www.driessen-mitsubishi.nl/model ... -phev.html

Also lists out the full spec for each trim level, notable improvements being:
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors & Reversing camera
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated windscreen and steering wheel
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (whatever that actually is/does?)

Other than that the spec seems to include everything you can currently get in the UK. So how much of these extras comes to the UK version is the question as really, they all need to since they are quite basic things to expect now

I also note three of the trim levels get the RF sound system that we just can't get in the UK. Why the UK isn't deemed worthy of a better than basic sound system is beyond me, especially so when most £30k+ cars come with a half decent stereo, let alone £40k cars and the basic system is very weak at present in my view.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:11 am 

jws wrote:
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (whatever that actually is/does?)

I'm going to guess it uses the front parking sensors to stop you hitting the car in front in slow/stopped traffic. An automatic is too easy to allow to roll forward when lifting the foot off the brake.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:29 am 

jws wrote:
front parking sensors .

Oh for front parking sensors that are actually useful rather than these comedy corner ones I've got on my car!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:35 pm 

jws wrote:
Seems those in the Netherlands can order a new PHEV now for delivery in Mid-Sep 15:

http://www.driessen-mitsubishi.nl/model ... -phev.html

Also lists out the full spec for each trim level, notable improvements being:
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors & Reversing camera
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated windscreen and steering wheel

Other than that the spec seems to include everything you can currently get in the UK. So how much of these extras comes to the UK version is the question as really, they all need to since they are quite basic things to expect now

I also note three of the trim levels get the RF sound system that we just can't get in the UK. Why the UK isn't deemed worthy of a better than basic sound system is beyond me, especially so when most £30k+ cars come with a half decent stereo, let alone £40k cars and the basic system is very weak at present in my view.

You are not alone there, we seem to miss heaps of futures down here too, which is extremely dissapointing. We don't also get the top of the line luxury model here, which I would immediately upgrade to if it was avaliable even though I had my PHEV for less than a year.

On the RF stereo, entire media here published that the PHEV had RF stereo before it was released here. To everybody's surprise it didn't. When I questioned the dealer as I was picking up my vehicle, he said it was a last minute change by MMC to get rid off RF stereo and include sun roof instead for Australian spec vehicles.
What a utter stupidity. :evil: Why would you have different spec for each country?!? Wouldn't it be alot easier even cheaper in terms of production costs if you have more or less uniform spec vehicle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:41 am 

Because clearly a sun roof is needed over a half decent stereo, especially when you have a good A/C system and an app to pre-cool the car while still on charge so you don't need to hit the battery too hard.

And definately, why have such different spec combinations for each country, just make 4 models, pick your colour and you're done, fast and cheaper to make.