Specs for 2016 PHEV (Dutch site)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinimalMayhem

Looks legit to me, from a Dutch dealer.

Beyond the cosmetic touches highlights I picked out (courtesy of Google translate!):
  • - Improved fuel efficiency (looks to be around 5%)
    - Lower emissions
    - Better MMCS usability
    - Updated suspension

http://www.jansnelputtershoek.nl/mitsubishi/outlander-phev-2016/ or if you want the google translate version...
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l/mitsubishi/outlander-phev-2016/&prev=search

I only mention this because I'm due to pick up my outlander on Friday and the dealer told me the new one wouldn't be out till late this year...makes me wonder!

Nice.. The MMCS hardware looks similar to the current model. I wonder if the current one could be updated with the latest version/ firmware...

CO2 emission per km down from 44 gram to 42 gram
Plugin fuel economy down from 1.9 to 1.8 l / 100 km
Hybrid fuel economy down from 5.8 to 5.5 l / 100 km

The technical spec sheet still mentions 5.8 l / 100 km and 824 km range / 52 km EV range.

Charge time is reported as approx. 3 hrs at 16 A / 5 hrs at 10 A, both have come down 30 minutes.

Regarding MMCS, it says "changed buttons as well as menu structure". Who knows what they mean by "changed buttons".

AFAIK, from the picture the buttons hasn't change anything except that it's written in "words" instead of using icon. I think that is a straight picture used from the US market as they do not need to use icon on their buttons whereas in the EU normally they will use icon instead of words to cater different languages in the market.

Indeed. Only change seems to be replacement of flag symbol by "DEST". But look at fine print on the PASSENGER and PASSENGER AIRBAG "buttons". Seems more intended for the Russian market to me.

Seems those in the Netherlands can order a new PHEV now for delivery in Mid-Sep 15:

http://www.driessen-mitsubishi.nl/modellen/outlander-phev.html

Also lists out the full spec for each trim level, notable improvements being:
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors & Reversing camera
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated windscreen and steering wheel
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (whatever that actually is/does?)

Other than that the spec seems to include everything you can currently get in the UK. So how much of these extras comes to the UK version is the question as really, they all need to since they are quite basic things to expect now

I also note three of the trim levels get the RF sound system that we just can't get in the UK. Why the UK isn't deemed worthy of a better than basic sound system is beyond me, especially so when most £30k+ cars come with a half decent stereo, let alone £40k cars and the basic system is very weak at present in my view.

jws said:
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (whatever that actually is/does?)

I'm going to guess it uses the front parking sensors to stop you hitting the car in front in slow/stopped traffic. An automatic is too easy to allow to roll forward when lifting the foot off the brake.

jws said:
Seems those in the Netherlands can order a new PHEV now for delivery in Mid-Sep 15:

http://www.driessen-mitsubishi.nl/modellen/outlander-phev.html

Also lists out the full spec for each trim level, notable improvements being:
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors & Reversing camera
- LED daytime running lights
- Heated windscreen and steering wheel

Other than that the spec seems to include everything you can currently get in the UK. So how much of these extras comes to the UK version is the question as really, they all need to since they are quite basic things to expect now

I also note three of the trim levels get the RF sound system that we just can't get in the UK. Why the UK isn't deemed worthy of a better than basic sound system is beyond me, especially so when most £30k+ cars come with a half decent stereo, let alone £40k cars and the basic system is very weak at present in my view.

You are not alone there, we seem to miss heaps of futures down here too, which is extremely dissapointing. We don't also get the top of the line luxury model here, which I would immediately upgrade to if it was avaliable even though I had my PHEV for less than a year.

On the RF stereo, entire media here published that the PHEV had RF stereo before it was released here. To everybody's surprise it didn't. When I questioned the dealer as I was picking up my vehicle, he said it was a last minute change by MMC to get rid off RF stereo and include sun roof instead for Australian spec vehicles.
What a utter stupidity. :evil: Why would you have different spec for each country?!? Wouldn't it be alot easier even cheaper in terms of production costs if you have more or less uniform spec vehicle.

Because clearly a sun roof is needed over a half decent stereo, especially when you have a good A/C system and an app to pre-cool the car while still on charge so you don't need to hit the battery too hard.

And definately, why have such different spec combinations for each country, just make 4 models, pick your colour and you're done, fast and cheaper to make.

It was ever thus! Remember the Cortina? Base, L, XL, GXL, Ghia, all available in twenty colours and a range of optional extras! Who needs an Adam?

Edit: Forgot the engine choice. Everything from a puny 1.3l to a beefy 2.3l.

ufo said:
When I questioned the dealer as I was picking up my vehicle, he said it was a last minute change by MMC to get rid off RF stereo and include sun roof instead for Australian spec vehicles.
What a utter stupidity. :evil: Why would you have different spec for each country?!? Wouldn't it be alot easier even cheaper in terms of production costs if you have more or less uniform spec vehicle.

You might not, but markets have different expectations - e.g. Australian cars tend to be bigger than European ones and unique (Holden), in Germany both Ford & GM had to offer fastback versions of the Cortina & Cavalier, most of Europe wanted A/C and no sunroof 20 years ago but UK buyers demanded both etc. etc. :roll:

July 9th looks like official launch date, in Japan first then followed quickly by other regions.

http://performancedrive.com.au/2016-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-revealed-more-refined-added-safety-1816/

and some pics
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-facelift-debuts-in-tokyo-video-photo-gallery-96846.html

A few videos (all in Japanese) https://www.youtube.com/user/MitsubishiMotorsTV/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd showing a lot more detail of the interior and exterior. Also shows off some of the tech - including self parallel parking.

I really hope this comes to the UK soon as I've held off ordering the current model in the hopes the new version would appear soon. It's such a great improvement both external and internal and a lot more kit and tech too.

Great video of the new PHEV outside (showing new black/red pearl paint) and a good video of the interior (basic grey/black leather interior). Japanese dealer showing off the car. And a number of photos too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkIkvNWlNE

Just had a chat with a big name leasing company who said they would likely have specs and be able to order the brand new PHEV in Mid-Aug for delivery in Feb 16. The shipping time frame seems very long compared to the current gen but I know when the current PHEV was released it did have a lengthy delivery time so could be right.

As I understand it these are the 2016 PHEV specs mentioned in English and in order.

I hope it helps

New Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Executive Edition

Dual-zone climate control with electric heating and parking heater

Dab + (Digital Audio Broadcast)
Rockford Fosgate premium audio system (9 speakers)

MMCS Full Map navigation system

Black synthetic leather upholstery

18 "alloy wheels two-tone

Mitsubishi Remote Control app

Rain and light sensor

Leather Steering Wheel with control

Super All Wheel Control (4WD)

LED daytime running lights

Audio and cruise control

Automatic dimming inside mirror

Reverse driving camera
Parking sensors front and rear

Electrically adjustable, heated and folding mirrors

Keyless Operation System with start/stop button

New Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Instyle

Dual-zone climate control with electric heating and parking heater

MMCS Full Map navigation system

Black or brown leather trim

18 "alloy wheels two-tone

Rain and light sensor

LED daytime running light

Audio and cruise control

Automatic dimming inside mirror

Reverse driving camera
parking sensors front and rear

electric adjustable heated and folding mirrors

Keyless Operation System with start/stop button

LED headlights

Electric tailgate

Around view monitor with control on steering wheel

heated windscreen and steering wheel

New Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Instyle +

Dual-zone climate control

Full Map navigation

Black or brown leather trim

18 inch L.M. rims

Rain and light sensor

LED daytime running light

Audio and cruise control

Automatically dimming inside mirror

Reverse driving camera
Parking sensors front and rear

Electrically adjustable, heated and folding mirrors

Start/stop button

LED headlights

Electric tailgate

Around view monitor with control on steering wheel

heated windscreen and steering wheel

Adaptive Cruise Control

Lane Departure Warning

Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS)

Forward Collision Mitigation System

Very helpful and far easier than translating from japanese or dutch. The spec also follows the current GX3,4,4s with the s having the extra safety features (none of which were worth the money from what I could tell previously). Good to see the base model getting a higher spec too and hopefully.

Now I just hope the spec does appear in the UK since we don't get the upgraded audio system at present but every other country does and I hope the pricing is on a par with current figures and lease deals too.

Japanese web site for PHEV: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/outlander_phev/

And from there the page which shows exterior (with a 3D viewer and colour picker) and some interior pictures and a video: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/outlander_phev/styling/

Seems to show both the black and brown (looks quite red to me) interior in a number of shots.

I think the black/red exterior paint with the brown interior could look good but hard to tell from photos.

Looking at the specs on the Japanese site, it doesn't look as if their 'home' cars are as well equipped.
I hope that all European models as the Netherland ones.

If they are I might become an owner at last.

PS It is taking a lot to prise me away from my quick, well equipped, Freelander.

Back