Software update - what's changed?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwcltd

The update procedure seems to have worked OK but I was expecting to get some sort of message telling me how the new version improves on the old. Anyone know anything about this?

The only visible difference I'm aware of over the last fifteen months was the option to increase the pre-heat duration. I'm still on the version that sets a maximum of ten minutes, but the latest firmware lets you have longer - up to 30 minutes, I think.

jaapv said:
I think Mitsubushi was more on a bug-killing spree than really updating.

I was not aware of any bugs to tell you the truth. The remote control app is a bit clunky in places, but it has never failed in all the time I've had it loaded and the interface of the current version does not seem any different to what it was sixteen months ago. I have the latest loaded on my phone, but have never updated the car's firmware

The previous app update fixed an issue with IOS 9, not seen any other issues, no new features I can see and no you don't need to reregister the phone

raymie said:
The previous app update fixed an issue with IOS 9, not seen any other issues, no new features I can see and no you don't need to reregister the phone

Although for some reason it made it not see my uploaded phone contacts even though they were there on screen, had to re-import them to make calls again with voice control

maby said:
jaapv said:

I was not aware of any bugs to tell you the truth. The remote control app is a bit clunky in places, but it has never failed in all the time I've had it loaded and the interface of the current version does not seem any different to what it was sixteen months ago. I have the latest loaded on my phone, but have never updated the car's firmware
The dealer will update it with service, the car firmware is not user-updateable

jaapv said:

I was talking about the user-updateable firmware in the MMCS that the application interfaces with.

jaapv said:

That's what I thought too, however when I asked the dealer to just this during the cars first service, they replied they would only apply updates to fix a specific problem, and it's a chargeable activity otherwise!

Not great service, to be honest.

Regards

Neil

Weird - the only chargeable update I know of is for the navigation system, and even that one was supplied as a courtesy to me.
All firmware updates are part of the service program,, and should be carried out at service regardless of user request.

maby said:
The only visible difference I'm aware of over the last fifteen months was the option to increase the pre-heat duration. I'm still on the version that sets a maximum of ten minutes, but the latest firmware lets you have longer - up to 30 minutes, I think.
Ah ha I was wondering why the duration wasn't settable in-car. I must get updated. Thanks.

spellinn said:
jaapv said:

That's what I thought too, however when I asked the dealer to just this during the cars first service, they replied they would only apply updates to fix a specific problem, and it's a chargeable activity otherwise!

Not great service, to be honest.

Regards

Neil

Erg. That would be rubbish. I would ask again. I certainly expect to get this update at service or even by presenting the car before then to get the heater duration feature working 'properly' when set from car. Like you I would be most unimpressed if told I had to pay for that.

jaapv said:
maby said:
jaapv said:

I pick up my Outlander PHEV this Tuesday. How do I know whether it has the latest car firmware? Should I get the dealer to confirm this before picking it up?

Back