Travelling in Europe from Uk, headlight adjustment

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonR

Just a fairly simple question or so I thought
Do you need to adjust the Lights on 2016 phev GX4h when travelling abroad
Just phoned local dealer, they didn't know!
Can't find anything in log book, Halfords didn't know either.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

If you have HID lights, no adjustment is needed. It is in the manual.
A Halfords shop assistant is indeed not a reliable source. If in doubt consult your dealer.

Thanks for the reply Jaapv.
Scanned the owners manual yesterday but couldn't find anything.
Have put an email into Mitsubishi customer service technical dept, if they reply will let you know the outcome.
Cheers

Slightly off-subject. I fitted self-adhesive blanking discs to the halogens on my 2014 Gx3H last year when I went to France. Given the difficulty of getting them (and the glue residue) off, I decided to leave them on for UK use, as well. Can't think of why this should be a problem - any thoughts?

I made sure I had found the manual page about not needing beam benders on the HID lights recently when in France in case the police stopped me for dazzling everyone.

Cannot find this in the manual. I have a MY2016 GX4H so it has LED low beam lights and halogen high beam lights.
Can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do and give me the reference in the manual as 11-29 does not appear to have this information?

It's stated on the FAQ on the dutch Mitsubishi Website:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.nl/veelgestelde-vragen/#!moet-ik-mijn-koplampen-afplakken-wanneer-ik-naar-de-groot-brittannië-afreis-

That's where i got my information when travelling to the UK. But I still got flashed a lot, anybody else had the same experience?

Hi Dusz, I have the same problem and also off to France and Europe shortly and so I guess I will go to the AA office at the docks and buy some obscurers again as I used to have on my Audi.

I am also worried as my LED lights are a bit dazzling just on UK roads in my humble opinion and I do remember get pulled over in Holland for not having obscurers on my old Opel too.

I have a MY2016 GX4HS so I really do need an answer as I do not want to get pulled again.

If you hear from Mitsubishi, please do let me know.

Regards

Alan

alanjohnnorman said:
Hi Dusz, I have the same problem and also off to France and Europe shortly and so I guess I will go to the AA office at the docks and buy some obscurers again as I used to have on my Audi.

I am also worried as my LED lights are a bit dazzling just on UK roads in my humble opinion and I do remember get pulled over in Holland for not having obscurers on my old Opel too.

I have a MY2016 GX4HS so I really do need an answer as I do not want to get pulled again.

If you hear from Mitsubishi, please do let me know.

Regards

Alan

If you don't need them (according to Mitsu) how will you know where to put them?

Hasn't anybody ever put his car in front of a wall at night? That will show you that the top of the beam does not angle up by 45 degrees on the left (to the right for continental cars), but is relatively flat, a small step at the most. So there is nothing to cut off by the stickers.

Had an reply back from Colt Cars, UK cars fitted with LED dip beam lights do NOT need beam deflectors for mainland Europe.

It's been a few years since I last took the car onto the continent, but are you still required to carry a spare set of bulbs (in France, and possibly elsewhere)? Does that apply to LED lights, too?

I suspect this rule was created in the 1930s, when the working life of a headlamp bulb was measured in weeks :)

ChrisMiller said:
It's been a few years since I last took the car onto the continent, but are you still required to carry a spare set of bulbs (in France, and possibly elsewhere)? Does that apply to LED lights, too?

I suspect this rule was created in the 1930s, when the working life of a headlamp bulb was measured in weeks :)

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/france-monaco.pdf

Just got back from France with the PHEV - no beam benders used with the HIDs - not one person flashed me.

Agreed that you don't need to use stick-on beam-flateners when crossing the Channel. However, after 18 months of being the scurge of oncoming traffic both UK and Continental motorways, my PHEV had its 2nd year service at a dealer in Angers yesterday and the dark-o'clock run home was a revelation. I asked the dealer to check and sort the alignment and it looks as if the UK dealer who supplied it with Continental HIDs fitted, had somehow attempted to set them up with a UK test-rig. The result was cross-eyed to say the least!

My trip from England to Cyprus with my Led headlights was a real pain for people flashing me. The LED lights really do go too high. I tried some plastic covers to.help before I left England but it's still blinding people.

Over here in Cyprus, we drive tge same side of UK and I am still getting flashed. It not until we are 4 or 5 up that we have a lower beam.

I was not happy driving through Europe with my Led lights blinding people and on ocassions I turned them off.

Regards,

Alan

Back