Parking Aids

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickers7893

Took delivery 10 days ago of a Juro PHEV MY19/. Definitely improvement on my MY16 GX3+b]
The only problem I am experiencing is that the rear parking sensors have been replaced by a rear camera.
I am getting conflicting information as to whether or not I can have the accessory parking pack of 2xFront and 4xRear retro fitted to my MY19 Juro?
This pack is shown on the Mitsu Accessory site.
Have any of the Membership had experience of this retro fit?

Big John

Juro PHEV
MY19
White
Towbar, Bonnet Emblem, Extended Seat Runners, Protection Pack
Named "Sparky Too"

Once you have gotten used to the camera you don't really need beeping sensors. Anyway, there are plenty of third-party bleepers that you could fit.

Yes once you get used to camera you don't need parking sensors. But in rain and when lens is dirty you can't see well and camera becomes useless. Wondered why they don't give parking sensors as standard. I got my new 2019. same problem. Mitsubishi sent me feedback and I have highlighted this.

I managed to parallel park in a tiny space yesterday. I had to quickly clean the rear camera, but it worked great. I had to ask SWMBO to get out and tell me how much space I had at the front though... :roll:

Hi Kesto, Could not spot the Mitsu reply. Would be interested to see this. Do you know if the models 4 & 5 have both camera and parking sensors?
Cheers

BJ

ThudnBlundr said:
I managed to parallel park in a tiny space yesterday. I had to quickly clean the rear camera, but it worked great. I had to ask SWMBO to get out and tell me how much space I had at the front though... :roll:
There's a front (and also side) camera as well, you can activate them by using the 'camera' button on the 'top left' of the steering wheel buttons (on my model, anyway).

This thing is a bugger to parallel park. Don't know if I'm getting older (yes, I am) or that sight lines are getting worse but each new car I get seems to worse! I remember parking my old '62 chev (a boat if there ever was one) without too much problem. Now ... I rely a lot on the camera. But, during the winter the darn thing is always getting dirty and in there complete lack of wisdom MMC didn't bother to extend the rear window washer to the camera. Oh well :)

The feedback questionnaire was a postal one. There was also an email linked one.

I have a MY 4h which came as standard with 360 cameras but I got the dealer to fit front and rear sensors before delivery. In my view it was worth it, as although I may glance at the screen, I normally stick to using the mirrors when reversing, and except in tight spaces, I don't switch on the front view, so having the sensors works for me.

As previously stated, there are plenty of aftermarket front and rear offerings available.

Very interesting DAUK
Still confused. Just had replies from two dealers. Dealer A states that Technical Dept at Mitsubishi say you cannot fit the Parking Aid pack W13 , listed on the accessory site, to my MY19 Juro[?
Dealer B states that they will fit the pack for £648 !!
As suggested I think the best thing for me to do is talk to one of the Independants/b] :roll:

Big John

MY19 Juro

Hi vickers7893,

When I got mine the 4h had no sensors as standard but either the 4hs or the 5 did. My dealer was happy to fit front and rear colour matched. To be honest I can't remember the cost but I think it was a good bit less than £648 although that was 3 years ago. My front ones operate at all speeds so that if you pass something very close they bleep. There is a switch on the dash to switch off but I always leave it on, the occasional bleep doesn't bother me.

Back