Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 5:47 am
Posts: 1
Phone intergration with PHEV rubbish. Previous xc60 simply worked and gave scrolling access to lists. Got a curious fault of switching from phone to radio and back again whilst on a call. Really annoying. Pity because other than flimsy build quality its a great car.




Gx5h (somebody had to buy them)
White


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 am
Posts: 469
Location: Doncaster, South Yorks
I had the same problem with iPhone 5 - I updated my ios and it cured the fault. Others have turned off the wifi on the phone and that seemed to work.

_________________
Pearlescent White GX4HS from 30 April 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 3405
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
Turning off WiFi fixes issues with iPhone 5(s), but not with the 6. The 6 seems to have other issues.

BTW: for the 5 you don't have to turn of WiFi. You just need to make sure it does not (auto)connect to your REMOTE network.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:14 am
Posts: 46
Quote:
Turning off WiFi fixes issues with iPhone 5(s), but not with the 6. The 6 seems to have other issues.


I have the latest iPhone and both with USB connection and bluetooth it works erratically, it will not play. Sometimes it displays the text (name of song etc) but there is no sound. Or it will just play for 3 sec and then shut off. Any suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 25
Kristian wrote:
Quote:
Turning off WiFi fixes issues with iPhone 5(s), but not with the 6. The 6 seems to have other issues.


I have the latest iPhone and both with USB connection and bluetooth it works erratically, it will not play. Sometimes it displays the text (name of song etc) but there is no sound. Or it will just play for 3 sec and then shut off. Any suggestions?


Did you get any further with this? my iPhone 6 USB seems to work okay (only for music, no podcasts etc.).

Bluetooth sadly doesn't remember the last app played and always starts the same track when I get in the car, which is a bit annoying. Most of the time bluetooth is okay but I do find it sometimes just turns streaming off for no obvious reason or after a phone call. I've found turning audio off then on again by holding down the centre button on the steering wheel audio switches helps sometimes (but not always)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:16 am
Posts: 16
Location: Washington Tyne & Wear
I've got a 5c my daughter has a 6, both work absolutely perfectly on both phone calls and playing music, admittedly both on spotify, haven't tried iTunes.

Can't really understand the gripe about it only starting to play the app played, don't all music apps go to the last track you played? This isn't the cars fault it's the phone, the car blue tooth only reflects what happening on the phone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 25
Dave13 wrote:
I've got a 5c my daughter has a 6, both work absolutely perfectly on both phone calls and playing music, admittedly both on spotify, haven't tried iTunes.

Can't really understand the gripe about it only starting to play the app played, don't all music apps go to the last track you played? This isn't the cars fault it's the phone, the car blue tooth only reflects what happening on the phone


For me, I plug my iPhone 6 into the USB socket, turn on the car. Then if audio is on Bluetooth mode the car always starts playing the first track in my list of songs even if I have an app like audible open. I have to hit the play button on the audible app to 'override ' the song that's being played. I had a parrot car kit in my last car and that would not auto start music if the phone was in an app like audible or spotify.

Could you tell us what steps you follow to get spotify working perfectly please?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 25
OK, this is how streaming etc. work with my iPhone (6) and my car (gx4hs) - hope it is helpful.

If plug my phone into a usb charger/don't plug it in at all, when you turn on the car it tries to leave off where it last was: so if you were playing spotify/audible/whatever, it tries to continue playing that. I didn't check if this works if the app is fully closed (i.e. not even in the background).

If I plug my phone into the usb port in the centre console, all bets are off! The car detects an iPod and switches audio to iPod mode and appears to be playing music from the music app, however it is actually playing the music through bluetooth - because I couldn't hear anything until I switched audio to bluetooth, at which point I heard the music playing. Also, if I try to start playing an app over bluetooth the car may switch back to iPod mode and it sometimes seems to get confused between iPod mode and bluetooth streaming.

So, for my sanity I'm simply going to plug my phone into a usb charger in the 12v accessory socket in the armrest. One day if the software gets updated and plays nice maybe I'll switch the cable over to the built in usb socket...but not today.

EDIT: even just using Bluetooth and plugged into a charger the bloody thing isn't reliable. I've now found that sometimes (often) when I turn the car on streaming will start (good) but it comes through as if it is a phone call - the mmcs thinks the audio is a phone call and has terrible sound quality (very bad). To add insult to injury I've found that real phone calls sometimes flip between handset and in car hands free.


Last edited by MinimalMayhem on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:35 am
Posts: 6
MinimalMayhem wrote:
OK, this is how streaming etc. work with my iPhone (6) and my car (gx4hs) - hope it is helpful.

If plug my phone into a usb charger/don't plug it in at all, when you turn on the car it tries to leave off where it last was: so if you were playing spotify/audible/whatever, it tries to continue playing that. I didn't check if this works if the app is fully closed (i.e. not even in the background).

If I plug my phone into the usb port in the centre console, all bets are off! The car detects an iPod and switches audio to iPod mode and appears to be playing music from the music app, however it is actually playing the music through bluetooth - because I couldn't hear anything until I switched audio to bluetooth, at which point I heard the music playing. Also, if I try to start playing an app over bluetooth the car may switch back to iPod mode and it sometimes seems to get confused between iPod mode and bluetooth streaming.

So, for my sanity I'm simply going to plug my phone into a usb charger in the 12v accessory socket in the armrest. One day if the software gets updated and plays nice maybe I'll switch the cable over to the built in usb socket...but not today.


In my handbook (I have the GX3) it say connecting the phone ect to both USB and BT-A (Bluetooth Audio) can cause issues. I connect my iPhone 6 via BT-A and it plays fine so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iphone6plus and phev issues
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:04 am
Posts: 1
We cannot get a second phone to pair to blue tooth, how do you do that? It says it can take up to 5? So then my son plugs his phone into usb cable in central console, tries spotify, and it comes on and then skips to the next song every 3 seconds. How do we stop that?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group