Password warning!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

Don't use the password for this site anywhere else!
Unfortunately this is not a secure site, so it can be easily lifted and misused. I recently got a warning from a security app that mine has been compromised. Fortunately I don't use it for any critical site.

Could you PM or email me details about the security warning so I can look into it?
Mike

Sorry, I clicked it away. I was not of great interest of me, as I don't use it for other sites (any more). It was caught by the Total AV Security Suite as I used it for a quick temporary password for some webshop, IIRC.
The point is that some members may be using the same password for sensitive sites (rather unwise, but you know the average surfing behaviour) and should be warned.
Maybe it is time to secure the site by https ?

FWIW I use one password for a few low risk sites (competitions and such like) and then use a password manager for the rest. It can store, generate and enter a password consisting of a number of random characters for each site - I use 16 which produces something like "ihY#C5Sikpn$0Vg1". Obviously you need a password to access the manager, but I use one comprised of 5 pieces, some with characters shifted on the keyboard (so for instance "PHEV" becomes "OGWC" when shifted left, which is much more "meaningless"). The one I use is LastPass (recommended by Steve Gibson of "Security Now"), which you can use on any PC or smartphone. Others are available

Password managers are a great idea.

The site now has https (it always did, but it wasn't forcing use of it properly for some reason). Let me know if the https causes any issues with login etc!

ThudnBlundr said:
FWIW I use one password for a few low risk sites (competitions and such like) and then use a password manager for the rest. It can store, generate and enter a password consisting of a number of random characters for each site - I use 16 which produces something like "ihY#C5Sikpn$0Vg1". Obviously you need a password to access the manager, but I use one comprised of 5 pieces, some with characters shifted on the keyboard (so for instance "PHEV" becomes "OGWC" when shifted left, which is much more "meaningless"). The one I use is LastPass (recommended by Steve Gibson of "Security Now"), which you can use on any PC or smartphone. Others are available

Hey! That's the password on my luggage!

:lol:

AndyInOz said:
ThudnBlundr said:

Hey! That's the password on my luggage!

:lol:

And my real name :lol: :lol:

Back