Battery not providing many miles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhevness

Hi my PHEV has done 111,000 miles and is a 2015 model.

I charge it overnight, every night, but am noticing when I get in the car that the EV mileage on the screen and what I am getting from the car is reducing to 12-13 miles.

This seems extremely low.

Has anyone any ideas what I can do to improve this? Is there a problem that the dealer can sort? They are generally very poor and want to charge £110 to open the bonnet!

Thanks

jhevness said:
Hi my PHEV has done 111,000 miles and is a 2015 model.

I charge it overnight, every night, but am noticing when I get in the car that the EV mileage on the screen and what I am getting from the car is reducing to 12-13 miles.

This seems extremely low.

Has anyone any ideas what I can do to improve this? Is there a problem that the dealer can sort? They are generally very poor and want to charge £110 to open the bonnet!

Thanks

If you use AC it is not so abnormal to have such "small" EV range

Anyhow, per the BMU logic and the age+miles of the car I'm not surprsed by your low range

I would suggest to take a "working" OBD2 adapter and check the "real" battery SOH of your car. Possibly the car has less the 70% SOH

It will be also interesting to check the voltage of your battery after 2h rest when it is down to 30% SOC ... most probably the BMU expect the battery to be 3.85v vs 3.81v which is what BMU expect for "new" battery

For sure a BMU reset will give you back the full EV range, so it will make your car like new ... but there are potentials side effect

Head over to the Technical discussions and read up the BMU Reset and D-Method threads.

IMO the theoretical risks of the reset are small on your high-mileage car, a lot of mileage to gain and not a lot to loose.

Back