'Brick' charger not working.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveykbrig

I have a 2015 PHEV model with the Yazaki charger which has stopped charging. When I plug it in to the mains and the car with the charge cycle off on the app I get a power on light and the charge light flashes. I also have the 'plug in' graphic showing on the app. As soon as I turn on the charge cycle from the app, the car clicks from under the hood and under the car several times then the fault light comes on and flashes and the 'plugged in' graphic disappears from the app and the car fails to charge. Is there anything on the car that is likely to stop the charging or am I looking for a new charging cable. The PHEV will charge on the rapid charging port

The original charger I got with my car died and I replaced with an aftermarket charger that has worked very well. It's a generic charger that I bought online here in Sweden from evconnect.se, but it's no doubt made in China and sold in many a country.

There are some videos on youtube of people fixing chargers where a severed cable is the culprit.

Back