No more PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusz

Well today was the last with my PHEV as it was collected and returned to the lease company that my company uses. I had wished to purchase it but it was overpriced. The woman picking it up indicated that it would most probably go to auction and realise £6000 less than what they were offering it to me for. If they had offered it to me at the price I had indicated which was still in their favour, it would have been win-win now it is lose-lose.

Things I will miss and how I will adapt now I have to rely on my 2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.2 Sport (!) diesel.
Speed limiter - found this very useful especially where there are averaging speed cameras. Will use a GPS speed app and watch my right foot.
Ability to preheat the car and defrost it on icy mornings - will have to break out the scraper.
Using the regen paddles to minimise the use of the foot brake - use of the PHEV has improved yet further my anticipation techniques.
Auto lights - turn them on manually as and when required.
Auto wipers - turn them on manually as and when required.
Heated seats - have fitted aftermarket heated seat covers.
DAB radio - have bought a Nextbase DAB+ adapter that plugs into the auxiliary socket on my radio. Means there are a few extra cables but it works OK.

What I will not miss.
Driving to work in winter and not using the heating to prevent the engine starting and maximise range. Even on a longer run I would be careful with the use of aircon to try to reduce fuel consumption. Am I the only one to do this? With a diesel car with manual aircon, whilst it will take approximately half my commute to heat up I then have warmth.

So it's goodbye to PHEV. Would I have another, quite possibly yes, maybe even a BEV one day. But for now it will be back to a wholly combustion engine car.

Thanks for all the advice over the last four years.

Dusz said:
What I will not miss.
Driving to work in winter and not using the heating to prevent the engine starting and maximise range. Even on a longer run I would be careful with the use of aircon to try to reduce fuel consumption. Am I the only one to do this?

Nope - I do it as well! ;) The wife doesn't like getting a lift from me anymore as I refuse to put the heating on and I even have to drive with the window down a little to prevent the windscreen from misting up, for a little bit!! :lol:

That's a shame about your car, though. Typical big company mentality - they refuse to budge from their standard 'position' and it's either accept their calculated amount or they'll send it to auction. You could, of course, find out where/when it's going up for sale and make a bid for it?!! :p

Cheers

Bloggsy

Sorry, but I don't understand why anyone would buy an expensive car designed to run on gasoline and electric and disable the gasoline part in the winter by turning off the heat. Seems pretty damn silly to me. Actually, I had a VW back in the early 60s that had no heat ... that was on the Canadian prairies in winter and those memories are something I'll never forget, and they are not good ones.

Bloggsy said:
Dusz said:
What I will not miss.
Driving to work in winter and not using the heating to prevent the engine starting and maximise range. Even on a longer run I would be careful with the use of aircon to try to reduce fuel consumption. Am I the only one to do this?

Nope - I do it as well! ;) The wife doesn't like getting a lift from me anymore as I refuse to put the heating on and I even have to drive with the window down a little to prevent the windscreen from misting up, for a little bit!! :lol:

Bloggsy

Same with me - although it was the reverse. My late wife drove with window open in all our cars Winter or Summer and refused to use the heater/aircon in either season. So I either froze or boiled (or walked :lol: )

I already have contacted one auction house. They have told me to search the registration number daily and if it is going through their books it will say the date and location that it is going to auction. As "non-trade" though you can only bid in person and it is not possible to see how much it goes for on-line.

Hopefully, someone in the trade I know may help me.

The only issue I will have is if it goes for sale in the next two weeks as I have meetings all day Wednesday through Friday next week and the following week it is all week and I am the chair so cannot even dip out for a short while.

Dusz said:
The only issue I will have is if it goes for sale in the next two weeks as I have meetings all day Wednesday through Friday next week and the following week it is all week and I am the chair so cannot even dip out for a short while.
You could always pull a sicky and say that you are self isolating as you think that you have car-owner virus :shock:

Back