MY 2014 servicing diy

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillockpeter

Hello,

My MY2014 PHEV has run out of warranty and I am thinking of servicing it myself, (I am a competent engineer etc, etc.)

I have the service schedule from the service book. The service schedule does not mention any items associated with the EV system apart from coolant and oil levels, cables etc.

The question is, is there something missing from that schedule specific to the EV system, that I can't do myself and has to be done by Mitsubishi?

Thanks for any info..

The EV service items do not have to be done by Mitsubishi, but should be done by someone who is trained to work on EV systems safely, i.e. knowing procedures for making vehicle safe, what parts need changing, and torque settings for fixings

Don't forget about the rear motor coolant, it needs to be changed every 20 years according to the schedule..... :D

I own my warranty expired PHEV for little over a year and so far have driven about 300km( in words three hundred) on petrol.
What would need to be serviced?

MadTechNutter said:
I own my warranty expired PHEV for little over a year and so far have driven about 300km( in words three hundred) on petrol.

How many kms in total has vehicle covered?

What year is your car?

When was last service done? At what kms?

MadTechNutter said:

I would do an engine oil change - oil that has not been regularly heated to evaporate moisture out can be very acidic. However, you have to balance that with how little moisture might have got in it in those miles.

For the sake of the cost of 4 litres of oil per year, is it worth the risk?

Back