Ev system

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranga

I have an issue with ev system service required and car won’t start, any advice to get this thing start? Coz I’m blocking the entrance/exit to flats

Hiya - I had an issue with the EV system whilst charging it, and it wouldn't start so I called my local Mitsubishi garage and they told me it's a fail safe on the car to prevent further 'damage' and your car cannot be started by you.

I had to take it to the dealer who ultimately charged me £100 to reset the EV system and it took them 2 hours - not including the recovery, which I had to pay for separately.

The only thing you can do is to select Neutral and push it away from the entrance and then call your local dealer to book it in for them to have a look and reset the EV system (and then sort out recovery as it'll need to be put onto the back of a truck as it cannot be towed).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks, my car is with in 5 years Mitsubishi guarantee period. Is this not covered under warranty? I know, I can ask this from dealer tomorrow, but I’m really worried now 😢

Ranga said:
Thanks, my car is with in 5 years Mitsubishi guarantee period. Is this not covered under warranty? I know, I can ask this from dealer tomorrow, but I’m really worried now 😢

Hi - sorry but I'm not sure!

When my car was removed from the recovery truck, one of the dealer's mechanics came out and plugged in a laptop to the OBD port and he was able to enable the car to drive, and drove it into the garage!

You could try and ask the dealer if they'd be willing to send one of their mechanics out with a laptop which would, at least, enable you to drive the car to the dealer (and save recovery costs) and, if the dealer doesn't charge you and completes the work 'under warranty', then the whole thing should be free (you just 'pay' for the inconvenience of not having your car for 2 days!).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Back