Eco button

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjpod

Is there a way to set the eco button to be on by default? So that it comes on automatically? I hate setting it every time I start the car. In my Prius it would remain on once set.

There is another thread on this somewhere; there are so many settings that I would like to see the car remember but sadly it does not.
There are also some setting I wish it would forget but it remembers... it is not terribly intuitive I am afraid to say.

We have noticed when we press the ECO button the accelerator pedal feels slightly different, I always use B5 , according to my manual is limits the aircon and heater, Unless I am towing or require the heating, I always use the ECO button, does it make any difference to the range or mileage I doubt it.

oscarmax said:
We have noticed when we press the ECO button the accelerator pedal feels slightly different,

That's its primary purpose - to remap the pedal to make it less sensitive

oscarmax said:
according to my manual is limits the aircon and heater

Your manual, along with everyone else's, states that it may or may not limit the HVAC power - it's a choice that you can select.

I have tried pressing and holding for 10 seconds.... doesn't work.

In my iMiev, the "gear" selector had D for drive, and E for Eco, so it was a simple matter to just shift it into E when you started driving. An E option on the drive selector would have been nice.

jaapv said:
No that won't work on the ECO button. No harm done, the effect is minimal anyway.
On the throttle, I agree. Any effect seems minimal. But, it does cut down the AC. That I notice. I wonder if it does the same on the heat?

If your car has electric heating, yes. I tend to control the AC by its own button which is set to off as default.

While we're on the subject of heat... Is there a way to "force" either electric heat or ICE heat?

Which would more efficient... For a short trip, say 2 miles?

For a long trip?

On my model and the short time I have owned it , the weather has been quite mild, it has always stayed in electric, the other day we need to defrost the windscreen ( the 2020 no longer has a heated windscreen), it was about 4 degree at 22 c the car stayed in electric, when we turned the heating up to 26 c plus the ICE fire up. I was under impression in it fires up earlier in normal mode ?

Back