Mystery Switch

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

I got my new 2020 GT (Canadian) the other day. Got a great deal by trading in my 2018 PHEV that had been in come minor accidents ... I don't know if I got a going out of business sale price (I have no idea if they are or aren't), New Year's Special, or if I got the better end of a dealer :) Hey, I'm happy.

But, I have a question: What is the switch located next to the sunroof button. In that cluster there is the car microphone, a little LED, the sunroof switch and this toggle switch. I've looked in the crappy manual (really awful manual!), but can't find any reference to it.

Thanks.

I have a different model to you, but I have a switch that operates the interior light.

It has three positions: Off, On and Auto.

Took a picture. Seems that it has something to do with the doors. Wouldn't have known except that the lettering "door" shows in the picture. Lock door? Open it while driving? Child lock?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 125
It's definitely the front interior light cluster switch. On, Off or On with Door open.

If you find the printed manual awkward, I recommend downloading the pdf version from the Mitsubishi website. The search text function can then be used to more easily locate pertinent information.

Page 8-72 of the manual (pdf is much easier to search).

Cant paste a copy unfortunately...

I can't find a manual for the 2020 online. I just got one for a 2020 and will look at that. Okay ... looking. Yup -- interior light settings. I'll have to play with it a bit later. Thanks!!!!!

So it is the same as mine.

:roll:

i.e.

Off (always off)
On (always on)
Auto (turns on when the door is opened and turns off again a few seconds later)

Just had light bulb moment :idea: No pun intended :lol:

Original design was without sun-roof as only UK market wants A/C AND semi-convertible motoring. So in my Gx3H (no sun roof) this switch is in middle of roof - as described in manual (8.72). For those markets where Mitsu belatedly gave in and added the sun-roof they had to move the switch and put it next to new sun-roof controls but presumably forgot to update the manual - hence the confusion? :ugeek:

The confusion, for me, is that it is NOT labeled in the 1st part of the manual where they have the exploded pictures. It is labeled in the section on lights ... of course, you have to know it's for a light to get to that section.

The second confusion is that in the light section they call it the switch for the "dome" light. There is no dome light :) it controls the 2 lights in the cluster they also refer to as map lights ... and they work buy pressing them in to turn on/off.

You'd think that someone building cars like this could hire a writer to work on their manuals. You'd be wrong.

Back