Google Maps and DAB radio

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrie1956

Hi guys,
I deliver foodbank parcels in the local area and Google maps on my Android phone is an ideal "sat nav" for this. But I'm struggling to get the voice prompts to come through the car speakers, while listening to DAB radio. I seem to have to choose DAB or Bluetooth audio? (I've a May 2019 Outlander Juro).
My 2013 Honda CRV managed this quite happily, allowing the "google lady" to just talk over the music.
I do hope the answer isn't the Smartphone Link Display Audio manual, as I find those instructions even more impenetrable than the main manual. (Do you think the Japanese translated the manual first into Ancient Greek and then into English?)

Pretty sure you cant have both DAB and Bluetooth at the same time.
I just use the Bluetooth and Spotify, I am sure you can download an app to play radio stations also.
Not a great solution but it's OK, at least then the music stops when the Nav needs to talk to you.
If you install Android Auto and Google Assistant on your phone and set it up auto connect you can use voice commands and have a simple touch screen interface (to use when you are stationary) ;)

Its pretty good to be able to say 'Hey Google', 'Skip track' etc... I can even tell it to put my house heating/lights on when I am getting close to home :D

If the sound source is BT, you can't also have the source as anything else. It's been the same on every car we've had with BT. Not sure what happens if you're using Android Auto or CarPlay as our 2015 model doesn't have those...

Back