J1772 handle problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

I've got a Duosida "charger" and am having problems getting it in and out of the plug on my 2020. It worked fine on the 2018, so I have no idea what's going on. The 110v charger which came with the 2020 is easy to get in and out. But 220v unit needs 2 men and a boy to extract.

I've felt as it goes in and I think the external sleeve is the correct size, but that it is the pins which are not aligning. Any thoughts on how I might fix this ... just get a new unit? Replace the plug part?

Thanks.

I've got a Duosida as well for my 2018 PHEV, and it's also much tighter than the 120V Mitsubishi one. It has gotten somewhat easier to connect with a few years of usage. I tried sanding the outer housing at one point but I don't think it helped much. I didn't find a way to work on the internal posts.
You could try different parts but they may all be coming from the same mold in China. It depends if the Duosida is too large or the Mitsubishi receptacle too small :D .

I looked again today and think the only place to dick with is the outside sleeve which goes into the car. I'll take some sandpaper or emery cloth and have a go. I think we're talking a very small amount.

Thanks.

Back