12V battery goes flat every time I try to preheat the cabin in my 2018 Outie PHEV GT

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4407

2018 Outie PHEV GT 12V battery has gone flat every time I have gone out to the car and started it to warm up the cabin in snowy weather.
I turn it all the way on (Foot on the brake pedal, push start and the ICE is running), set the heater on high with defroster going.
Then I come out an hour later and the 12V battery is dead and I need to jump start the car.

This morning, in our worst storm for a few years, I foolishly thought I could warm it up for just 15 minutes but the battery went completely flat where I could not jump start it. Just relays clicking on and off and finally everything completely dead so I had to crawl back and uncover the 12V battery in the back, disconnect the negative cable and I have my slow charger on it now.

I can't even get an accidental Lindqvist Method reset out of this agony.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? This time, I started thinking there is something wrong with my car, because you should be able to Start it and run power off of the 120V outlet until it runs out of gas, right?

If you have a 2018 PHEV why are you using the ICE to pre=heat the car rather than the main battery and what are you running off the 120 volt outlet?

Back