johnwilson

Re: 2018 Canadian PHEV wont run in ev.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:57 am

Hi Kpetrov: Thank you for your input. I am desperate to talk with people who have some insight into this problem and clearly you do. I am trying to get into the Canadian PHEV group on facebook, so far with no luck. I would like to lend my support to a class action or at least get names and addresses of people at MMCanada who can do something about this problem.
Our car has been rendered useless and is no longer the car we bought. I am sure there must be a resolution because there are other people in other countries of similar climate who do not have this problem. This problem did not exist ( as you know) when the 2018 was sold and I suspect was a conscious decision of MMCanada's to modify my car.

Any info to resolve this issue is appreciated.
John Wilson

johnwilson

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:59 am

Hi Kpetrov: Thank you for your input. I am desperate to talk with people who have some insight into this problem and clearly you do. I am trying to get into the Canadian PHEV group on facebook, so far with no luck. I would like to lend my support to a class action or at least get names and addresses of people at MMCanada who can do something about this problem.
Our car has been rendered useless and is no longer the car we bought. I am sure there must be a resolution because there are other people in other countries of similar climate who do not have this problem. This problem did not exist ( as you know) when the 2018 was sold and I suspect was a conscious decision of MMCanada's to modify my car.

Any info to resolve this issue is appreciated.
John Wilson

johnwilson

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Well, they have finally agreed to take my car in and put it through the three day test. I presume it will be a DBCAM and smoothing and BMU reset. What an effort. After 1 year of denying anything was wrong with the car, the mechanic at our local dealer contacted me and asked that I bring it in. This was after several letters to MMCanada , the last one copying the CEO. No one from MMCanada has contacted me to assume culpability.
I owe thanks to the people on the Canadian Facebook outlanderphev website who have been relentless in getting their PHEVs repaired under warranty.
The battle will still continue because I understand the BMU screws up annually so we all can expect to have to go back after MMCanada every year.
Sales of Outlander phevs in Canada have been very good since 2018 so I am sure MMCanada will have quite a lineup for warranty repair.
We loved this car for the first 2 years and recommended it to everyone who asked about it. I think the car is still a good car but the support is just terrible. I would never buy another car from MMCanada and I hope that others heed the advice on Facebook. I knew when we bought the car that Mitsubishi was recognized as an inferior brand in Canada and I thought I could avoid warranty issues by doing the work myself. I never thought that that Mitsubishi would deny that anything was wrong with my car, when clearly it was not able to function as a PHEV.

Return to “News and Main Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum Discussions”